Sign in to follow this  
crazymarcel

Gauge Panel - Finally In

Today i finally got round to fitting the gauge panel, well impressed with them and was alot easier and hassle free then i first imagined.

I like the way the oil pressure gauge gos up when u rev the car, or i hope its ment to do that anyway.

In the lit up pic enclosed i am aware my heater controls and cigarette lighter arent lit up, been like this for a while and am relectant to fix this till i fit a new heater panel thing.

Thanks to everyone for advice on fitting the beast.

Chuffed :)

AFAIK (maybe I'm wrong) the G60 was only available with a different gauge panel as an option. It is a different design and shape and came with two round holes which you could fit gauges into. The one pictured above was only available for VR6 models and came with the gauges built in already. I have seen both RHD and LHD versions of both gauge panels available but the G60 ones are definately obsolete now. They are still sometimes available on Ebay but usually sell for silly money. Gauges like those pictured on CrazyMarcels C are also sometimes available on Ebay (but have only ever seen LHD ones). I think either GSF or Eurocarparts still sold them last year (?) but not anymore,

Cheers

BigTartanG60

The earlier one which is just a bit of black plastic was available until last year and was £7.50, The later one including the gauges is £109+vat before discount. I wonder if it will fit in the earlier dash without too much hastle, I don't think they are that differnent in size.

looking good mate, seen em in a few rado's now.. wouldn't mind a set for myn, but then again I could put a TV in the space :lol:

looking good mate, seen em in a few rado's now.. wouldn't mind a set for myn, but then again I could put a TV in the space :lol:

i got a TV in there... so has jimbo... it's wicked....

-----------

Stick an iPaq in and get a program that draws fake dials. Or even do some simple electronics and hook the senders to the iPaq and get it to draw *real* gauges...

Browse the web from your Corrado...

Stick an iPaq in and get a program that draws fake dials. Or even do some simple electronics and hook the senders to the iPaq and get it to draw *real* gauges...

Browse the web from your Corrado...

LOL don't give me idears... lol

:twisted:

i am gonna fix up a PC to the moniter in there allready

umm intresting project....

How do you get them to go green? I have to vdo items down there but would like them to match the rest of the dash. At the moment they are white :(

Fat Tony, if its anything like the gauges i have, you may be able to pull the bulbs out of them. this will let you out a coloured sleeve over it. dunno where you'd get them tho, try VDO? im surprised they didnt give you different colours to go with it :?

yup, there's a sender you have to buy and an adaptor which is basically a T-piece. You remove your normal oil pressure switch, fit the T-piece and then fit the sender AND the original switch back onto the new T-piece... 8)

Bear in mind though if it all goes pear shaped it can be a bit tricky getting everything sorted again :wink: :oops:

Fat Tony - If you go on Ebay, do a search for VDO. When the list of VDO bits for sale comes up, find someone called Lowtension who sell all things VDO offering bits for sale. Send him a question, but asking for details of bulb filters for VDO gauges and his address. He should send you a reply with all the details. You get them in packets of three, but strangely VDO sell them as 2 green caps and 1 red cap in a packet!). He sold me a pack for £2 all in! He's a very good and knowledgeable VDO parts seller, a proper company called Low Tension based up North somewhere. I'd give you his details but ditched the invoice ages ago. :roll: