Sign in to follow this  
greasegriff

Dash Light Problem

Can anyone help please? The backlight of the LCD panel in the fuel guage dial (that shows the clock, temp, MPG etc) has gone out. The LCD display itself works, just the light has gone out.

Is this just a simple bulb change? If so, is it simple?!

Same thing has happened to mine, do you have a part number or know where i can get the bulb? Also is it a job you can do without taking the whole cluster out?

Same thing has happened to mine, do you have a part number or know where i can get the bulb? Also is it a job you can do without taking the whole cluster out?

you'll have to take the clock cluster out, but thinking about it u can do it with it in.

1.lower the steerling wheel to the lowest setting

2.Undo the 4 clock surround screws. 2 in bottom corners (remove the caps first) then 2 on the upper lid of the surround.

3.this should slide out sideways, leaving the clocks.

4. undo the 2 side screws(half way down the sides of the clock face surround * not the screws that hold the clock is the dash.

5. once off, gentely pull the clock face towards you, pushing together the two clips (one then right corner, one bottom left corner)

6. the whole clock face will pull away, then simple twist and pull the bulb and replace.

7.reverse all instructions....and put it back in.

Bob

Thanks, what sort of bulb do i need though? Can you get them fron halfords?

i think you can get them from halfords.......its just a normal intrumental bulb, the shape might be different but its works all the same....patrol station around mine sell them on selve...

if it helps i can do a photo guide and write up on how to....

bob

I have had grief in the past trying to use non vw bulbs for this and getting the clocks out and finding the halfords bulbs would not fit correctly. They are cheap enough from VW - I think you need 2 for the clocks.

nmahi worte

if it helps i can do a photo guide and write up on how to....

bob

That would be great mate. If it isn't too much trouble

nmahi wrote:

there you go, did it this morning.......cheers.

You sir are a legend. Going to VW to order the bulb very shortly, Thank you

Apologies for the hijack, but does the rev counter just clip into the clocks in the same way?

Mine sticks and I'd like to take it out to try and sort the badly applied Lockwood face.