Sign in to follow this  
big ben

what wheels would you put on a mk4 golf

as said, what wheels would you put on a mk4 golf??

going to get the mrs one soonish and i want to put some nice wheels on it, was thinking about some BBS LM reps coz dont want to spend too much, somthing cheap and cheerful ideally but still post pics of what you like best anyway...

pics with your ideas as well would be great!!

Round ones....

....I'll get my coat :salute:

didnt know you could get different shape wheels :shrug:

I wouldn't buy reps tbh...

I'd get anything genuine BBS or if you want bigger wheels then look at Audi's with the same fitment.

17's are probly the best size i would think... any ideas on what audi ones?

When I had my 4motion I had 16in, 17in and 18in. If its for the missus then 17in. If you can get some Skoda Octavia VRS wheels as they do look pretty good and not many people have them. 18in unless seriously light ruin the ride and handling on a Mk4.

BBS CH in 18" is great on the MkIV

Was just about to come and post the same. The MK4 on CH's looks sweet :)

Another vote for BBS here. LM, CH, VZ are all sweet (yet expensive!). I also love the RC, but then the Anniversary has them, so you might become an Anniversary wanna-be in other MK4 owners eyes!

All the Audi wheels, RS4, RS6 etc look good, though not entirely uncommon.

are they 5x100 mate?

yes mate you have seen my vr are mk 4 goofs 5x112???and they are 17's not 18's might sell em with the r888 rubber on which have only done about 500 miles !! or i might take em off did you want some sticky ribber for your vrT ?? :norty: :norty:

Ok since we need pictures here's a MkIV on BBS CH. You can also get them in black (which anyone who knows me will tell you that's the colour I'd choose). I have to say I like the RS6 replicas too though.

Mine on the 18" LM Reps...

Note ride height is stock 4motion height cos I'm short of pennies at the mo and ultimately want decent coilies. The rear isn't so bad but the front is a bit too high. Jewish racing beige works well with these wheels I reckon!

I know it's wrong to have reps - but not everyone can afford the real deal. When I get my Phaeton I'll put real BBS on it!

DSC00942.JPG[/attachment:3pu1y95f]

I know it's wrong to have reps - but not everyone can afford the real deal. When I get my Phaeton I'll put real BBS on it!

DSC00942.JPG[/attachment:2u3j7xig]

I wouldn't fret about that. Absolutely nobody except VW/Porsche geeks gives a damn whether you have real or replica. Indeed I'd hazard a guess that 95% of drivers don't even spot a car on the road and think : "those are nice wheels.."