Sign in to follow this  
Andy T

tired tailgate struts

My tailgate struts seem pretty tired as it takes a fair bit of effort to lift the tailgate.

G&S & EuroCP don't list them for the corrado, am I going have to get them from the stealers, or is there anywhere else that supply them?

Also, has anyone found that similar struts form a different model can be used?

Cheers,

hello,

i have some good second hands ones if you need them £12.50 deliverd to your door. takes around 5 mins to fit too... :lol:

Mine could probably do with replacing too - I'm assuming the tailgate should more or less lift on it's own..?

hello,

i have some good second hands ones if you need them £12.50 deliverd to your door. takes around 5 mins to fit too... :lol:

Tempting but how do I know they will be any better than what I've got? will give it some thought mate

Mine could probably do with replacing too - I'm assuming the tailgate should more or less lift on it's own..?

yeah thats what I thought..... Mine opens a few inches then stops, then I have to heave it up to head level, after that its okayish!

My mate's Renault Laguna hatch is like lifting a bag of crisps compared to the Corrado's, and it's a far bigger hatch too......but I noticed the Laguna has significantly bigger struts (they won't fit unfortunately) so it may be worth checking with VW to see if they still sell uprated struts which they used to sell to make life easier for disabled people etc.

K