Sign in to follow this  
Rambo

VR6 power

I was thinking about the speed of cars only yesterday and thought it was an interesting topic.

I mean cars have come A LONG way in the past 15 years speed wise. And why? You dont have to have a fast car to have a fun car. And how fast is too fast?

Modern cars are silly quick. My mate has just bought a Golf Gti with Revo 2 map and it has 270bhp and 285lbft. Stunningly fast in all gears from 2000rpm on. But I dont find it an enjoyable car to drive. However he is already getting used to the power and is thinking about the stage 3 at 350bhp...... All in a 5 door family hatchback!

So no matter what power you have, you do get used to it after a while and you end up wanting more and more... Where does it stop :cuckoo:

Only reason I feel the need to have more power is for overtaking safely and that is only because there are too many silly fast run of the mill cars out on the roads, driven by inconsiderate tossers who dont really know how to drive.

So when I win the euro millions and buy my own small country there will be a 6 month long driving test with all advanced driving skills covered. Plus you will be given an MX5 by the state and no other cars will be allowed. You can have any colour as long as its red and if the suns shining the hood must come down to boost social behaviour amongst motorists. Talking only, NO hand gestures..

See you on Leonard island circa 2012 for some left foot braking, heel and toeing, drifty rwd fun and frolics on the commute to work. All within the national speed limit of 90mph of course :grin:

Agree with all of the points in today's posts above :)

At the end of the day, you like what you like and no one can tell you any different :wink:

I love the sensations I get from rapid acceleration, fast cornering and powerful brakes. Always have, always will and will seek that from any brand of car I own. I also enjoy finding out what a component's limit is and re-engineering it (or getting it re-engineered) accordingly. That's just me and a pit crew technician / test driver would be my perfect career :D

I can see why people like VR6 Corrados as they come and that's fair enough, it's just that lack of urgency in the bottom end that bugs me and it just had to be 're-engineered' :D Corrados though, brilliant cars and is the only reason I'm investing in it. If it were a rubbish platform, I'd be in something else :D

So when I win the euro millions and buy my own small country there will be a 6 month long driving test with all advanced driving skills covered. Plus you will be given an MX5 by the state and no other cars will be allowed. You can have any colour as long as its red and if the suns shining the hood must come down to boost social behaviour amongst motorists. Talking only, NO hand gestures..

See you on Leonard island circa 2012 for some left foot braking, heel and toeing, drifty rwd fun and frolics on the commute to work. All within the national speed limit of 90mph of course :grin:

leonard for prime minister :notworthy: