Sign in to follow this  
Mawrick

Anyone got a pictur of how the KW's are installed?

alright thnx, to me it seems the nut is correct then and used over the rubber mounting........If I understand it correct?.

thna again

alright thnx, to me it seems the nut is correct then and used over the rubber mounting........If I understand it correct?.

thna again

Put the purple cone on, then the bearing sits on that. Then put the nut on to hold the bearing, the rubber top mount will sit ontop of that. Just fit it all to the car and drop it onto the floor. You can then fit the top plate that sits engine bay ontop of the suspension turrent. Then finally, fit the nice shiney bolt that KW provided.

Is your upper spring the smaller spring of the two? If so then yes this is the helper spring and is supposed to be compressed - its there to keep everything tightly in place when the car is lifted off the ground.

yea, I'm thinking of the small spring that is thightened up with the nut that goes on top of the bearing.

So then if I understand correctly I should thighten this nut so far as that the spring itselfe is completely pressed together?.

cheers!

No. Looking at the pic ive attached (ignore the fact its not a KW coilover, but its the same set up). The smaller spring at the top is the helper, which is in the same position as yours - sometimes they're put at the bottom but thats irrelevent. When the coilover is off the car it should be as it is in the pic. It should only compress fully when its on the car and the car is on the ground.

Dont over tighten the nut holding the bearing, as i found out doing so will knacker the bearing. The weight of the car will keep it all together, the nuts just keep things in place when theres less load on the car e.g. going over a dip in the road.

http://www.savagemotorsport.net/catalog/images/VogtlandCoilove20Suspension.jpg