Sign in to follow this  
colinstubbs

Number plate surround fixings?

Other than the tape on the bottom edge of the number plate surround does anyone have any idea on the rest of the retainers?

I assume they look like this?

Special washer.jpg[/attachment:pdbxx8ba]

But the parts guy at the local stealers couldn't find any fasteners on his ETKA and neither could I !!!! :brickwall:

The abortion of self tappers and washers on mine have started to give up the ghost - HELP!!

My fallback option is to apply something like Eldro Dum Dum and stick it on unless someone has a better option :shrug:

your's sounds much like mine, although my self tappers and washers have lasted years :lol:

once the lugs on the back have bust off there's not much else you can do but double sided trim tape them on really I don't think, rubbish design for such an exposed large part of trim :roll:

whatever they were they appear to come with the new panel only ,not a separate part, no use anyway if the lugs are bust off though.

Mine was held on by a couple of lonf self tappers through the holes in the number plate. Then, after doing abit of DIY round the house fitting bathroom shelves I had an idea??? Used a couple of those rawlplug alloy plasterboard fixings that you put in the wall and tighten a proper threaded bolt to collapse it against the back of the wall. Drilled out the self tapper holes to let the fixing through and tightened them into place, removed the bolt, replaced the number plate panel and number plate using the bolts to secure the whole thing. Hold everything in place neatly and as I rust proofed and painted all the bare metal should last a while.

failing that use double sided tape but make sure it's the 3M stuff. It's very sticky and withstands the weather well

Cheers for all the replies - most of the lugs are still there so I think I'll fill each of the holes in the tailgate with Dum Dum and stick them in with that. Waterproof, Sticky but still Removable if required!!! .....goes off to E.gay!!! :lol:

I`ve got some, ordered from the stealers. Only needed 2 when I replaced my surround and had to buy a bag of 10 so have some spare. If you want some drop me a PM and we can go from there.