Sign in to follow this  
tinsman

rough ride

my Corrado i think may need some type of new suspension. it is a very rough ride espically with some of the roads that i live by with pot holes and rough terrain. i was going to go with new springs as i dont have enough money to do full coilovers. does anyone have any sugestions or comments. i heard it could be hard on the stock shocks to get new springs?? please help me out. thanks - tj

Might be worth just rebushing the chassis and changing the top mounts. It's worn bushes, ball joints, track rod ends etc that usually cause a clonky and horrid ride. Might also be worth changing the dampers.

People generally only fit uprated springs to either lower the car or firm up the ride, so if lowering is not your concern, then go with new dampers and bushes.....otherwise springs on their own will make matters worse tbh.

K

They can be expensive, depends what brand you buy. See how much the stealer want for a set and then shop around from there. It might not be the dampers though. You really need to get the car up on the ramps and checked over by a pro to determine the condition of the bushes etc.

Ta

K