Sign in to follow this  
paulw

OIL How much & Which one

Hi

Aout to do an oil change on my VR6 at the weekend and was wondering roughly how much a VR6 takes to fill up in litres and what oil do you recomend?

Cheers Paul W

weird..the original question wasnt there a minute ago,just superchargeds answer and kevs reply...and now its just appearedst

oh and i use shell helix now,found my car didnt like quantum synta oil,and according to my servicing recipts the dealer used shell helix also

There are 2 types a filter, plastic and metal. You need the metal type.

It's model year/chassis no dependant, mine's a May 94 (L) and uses the plastic one.

No way of telling until it's out of the car unfortunately.

K

oh and i use shell helix now,found my car didnt like quantum synta oil,and according to my servicing recipts the dealer used shell helix also

Might try some Helix Super (Blue bottle) on my next change, what grade is it and how much for 6 litres??! Shell's site doesn't mention price but if you use Shell's 'oil chooser', they recommend the Normal mineral oil for a 10 year old car!

K

I've just deleted the other version of this thread that was causing some confusion... 8) Just so you all know, and don't think that you're going any more mad than you already may, or may not, be... :wink: