Sign in to follow this  
Purple Tom

Went to the 'Ring recently...

Hey,

For the past 5 years I've been going to the Nurburgring, as part of the BH2N Retro run over on www.theminiforum.co.uk. This year I had a problem with my Mini which meant I had to change plans literally at the last minute (4 hours before I was due to leave!) and go in my Corrado instead. In some ways this was a blessing in disguise as I wasn't looking forward to the long journey over to Germany in a fully race-prepped Vauxhall-engined Mini - its intense and very tiring!

We had a great week, over 60 cars took part, and I thought I'd just put up a couple of pictures that some photographers got of my C on the 'Ring. I have actually sold this car now and am running a VR6 instead, but it was a standard 2.0 8V with uprated 280mm brakes and decent tyres. I've done around 50 laps of the track now and was able to concentrate on improving my lines, braking and turn-in points this year instead of trying to learn the track itself! I did 8 laps altogether and only timed one of them - I managed a 9.45 which I was pretty chuffed with given that I only had 115bhp to play with. I'm taking the VR next year :D

Here's some snaps:

me2.jpg

me9.jpg

me8.jpg

me7.jpg

me10.jpg

Also, I'm usually completely crap at photography, but I was having a play with the settings on my camera and managed to take this picture of the car parked on a small access road just next to the Adenauer-Forst corner. The picture is uncropped and I think I just struck lucky, its currently my desktop picture :lol:

IMG_0317.jpg

If any of you get the chance to go to the 'Ring then do it! Its an amazing place, not just the track itself but the surrounding area, its so nice and the people are very friendly!

Thanks for reading, I appreciate its a bit random but I just felt like showing that you can still have fun, even with an 8V :D

Awesome pics - and I totally agree with you... without wanting to sound corny, there's just something really quite magical to be at that place. I love going there - and hate leaving :(

me too, been saying i will go there since i got my driving license. will there be a corrado trip at all next year?

There is some event of some sort almost every year - just keep your eyes on the Events section as we head into the spring :)

Awesome pics - and I totally agree with you... without wanting to sound corny, there's just something really quite magical to be at that place. I love going there - and hate leaving :(

amen to that, you've hit the nail on the head Jim, as soon as your 30-45 mins away the roads and scenery start to change, and you start getting more excited, then you end up passing a few nice cars on the way then BANG your there, and everone with you turns into little school kids pointing at this car and the next, and this is still before entering into the car park at the track!!!

Photos look really good, the corrado is the perfect VAG car to take to the ring, comfy on the autobahns and perfect for the ring.

Your mini sounds mad though! 8)

Hey,

Also, I'm usually completely crap at photography, but I was having a play with the settings on my camera and managed to take this picture of the car parked on a small access road just next to the Adenauer-Forst corner. The picture is uncropped and I think I just struck lucky, its currently my desktop picture :lol:

IMG_0317.jpg

Any chance you could upload a high-res image of that and post a linky - thats one for my desktop!