Sign in to follow this  
ryan_16v

Torq Settings

Do many people really torq the wheel nuts? Is "as done up as tight as you can get with the supplied tool" not good enough any more?

Do many people really torq the wheel nuts? Is "as done up as tight as you can get with the supplied tool" not good enough any more?

yes i do along with anyother bolt that i undo do you not then ??? :cuckoo:

The bentley manual only covers G60 & VR6 not my KR

are the VR's and G60's different?! if so add them both together and divide by 2. honestly a good tighten, maybe a little jump on the wheel spanner should do. As long as they arn't finger tight!!!

Err ok then.!! :cuckoo:

Has anyone got a serious answer

I've never taken any bolt off that would need it to be honest.

However I do know plenty of people that have taken a wheel off that don't (including garages, but then if anything they do them up to tight) - they just do the whole put your weight on the tyre iron (ooo, I've turned American) thing.

I've never taken any bolt off that would need it to be honest.

However I do know plenty of people that have taken a wheel off that don't (including garages, but then if anything they do them up to tight) - they just do the whole put your weight on the tyre iron (ooo, I've turned American) thing.

If you let a garage put your wheels on that way then good luck to you. I for one wouldn't.!!

Thats a sure fire way to weaken the wheel nuts / do damage to the alloys. :nono:

If you let a garage put your wheels on that way then good luck to you. I for one wouldn't.!!

Thats a sure fire way to weaken the wheel nuts / do damage to the alloys. :nono:

I didn't know it was an issue, and to be honest I'm still not convinced that wheel nuts need to be done to a specific torq. But then, each to there own.

Oh, it was three different garages I had in mind hence I didn't think it was unusual. GCS, Elite and National.