Sign in to follow this  
blue95

Turbo clutch help!

After getting my alignment done car seems to gripping a hell of alot better, too much so!

Pulled up at the lights, then attempted to make a quick getaway (next to v6 4mo LOL), got initial traction with no wheel spin, however as the boost came in the brand new LUK clutch just gave up!? and the car just revved its t*its off? and I smelt toasted clutch! Pulled over checked everything and all was fine! apart from my pride LOL

What clutch do any turbo peeps recommend? Thought the standard g60/VR6 clutch would have been up to the job :scratch:

Done about 1000miles on the clutch.

Didn't expect that kind of monumental slippage tho :confused4:

Will look into helix....

Standard VR6 clutch wasn't designed for 1.8T torque or 4WD traction!

Helix Organic as said already is a good choice. Some of the American clutches are good too, SPEC, Clutchmasters, Centreforce etc etc

Cheers, is it worth getting a lightened/balanced flywheel aswell? as you really have to rev the engine to get the best performance?

lightened flywheels increase the rev up / down speed of the engine, IE it'll go up through the revs faster than with a standard flywheel, they don't actually make the engine provide much more power, they only change the way the power is delivered... IMHO it's always a good modification... 8)

If you're getting one lightened, it MUST be balanced or you'll destroy the clutch/gearbox/crank bearings in a stupidly quick timeframe... :(

Helix are always a good bet :)

Agree with this. I have one of these and there have been no issues yet. The clutch is not really any heavier than standard either, which is nice! :D

Helix are always a good bet :)

Agree with this. I have one of these and there have been no issues yet. The clutch is not really any heavier than standard either, which is nice! :D

Sweet!

Don't need one yet, but defo one for the wish list!

Any good links to sellers of the Helix clutch kit?

Cheers