Sign in to follow this  
big ben

another jacking up a corrado thread, help!!

this weekend im wanting to jack up the corrado a wheel at a time. Now i have found threads but im still very confused :confused4:

where would be the place to jack it up, im going to use a bit of wood, and it wont be going on axel stands either...

If you look at the sill there are marks indicating where to position the spare wheel jack that comes with the car.

Immediately behind the sill/floor seam there is a strengthened section of floor both front and rear, it has 4 or five ribs inthe metal. Those sections then have a raised strengthened section ust behind them, about 10cm x 4cm that you can put a rubber jack support/piece of wood under.

You could also use the front subframe main bolts to floor as a jacking point, but it's not flat.

Be careful though, and don't rely on just a trolley jack for support, or jack both front and rear up onto axle stands, one big wobble and you could end up a lot wider and flatter than when you started.

thanks!! so i should really use a axel stand then... im only going to be cleaning the arches out so might no even need to take the wheel off, but i want to be able to get my arm in there and scrub, so need it to be secure...

i have never been any good at jacking cars up, always goes wrong and makes nasty noises which cant be doing any good :lol:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=26559

^^All the info should be in that thread mate, if its not feel free to bump it with any questions, the more threads there are on each subject the more difficult it is to find correct info :tongue: