Sign in to follow this  
MarkFoster

Fitting TT pedals???

I managed to pick up some TT pedals off the Bay for a decent price but am struggling to get them on.... :epicfail:

The clutch has gone on - a piece of pi*s, but the brake pedal has a strange lump of rubber on the back that would seem to imply there must be a hole in a TT brake pedal, and the accelerator pedal is quite a bit smaller than Rado's meaning I'd have to do some fairly serious modding (ie reduce the size of the Rado pedal!) to get it to fit.....? Should I be adapting the rubber lump on the back of the TT brake pedal and taking the dremel to my Rado's accelerator pedal?!?! - Seems a bit drastic... The pedals came from an 04 TT if that affects anything, so I'm wondering if anyone out there with these pedals has encountered similar problems and how they got around them???

Any advice will be much appreciated.

Thanks

Mark

what you needed were 2 clutch pieces for it to work. Thats what i did on my B3 Passat. I would get my money back. I got mine from the dealer through a friend.

When i did it i cut the lump off of the brake pedal and used no more nails super clear adhesive to bond the pedals on, should be easy enough to remove if the pedals wear out.

The best combo of parts is 2 clutch pedals and 1 throttle pedal from a left hand drive/automatic TT. The left hand drive TT throttle pedal is larger than the right hand drive pedal and fits the corrado much better. All reasonable money at the dealers.

They just look better than the worn out plastic ones I currently have on the clutch and brake, and the scratched and slightly rusty looking bare throttle pedal that I have doesn't exactly shout high end finishing :lol:

Haven't got them on yet so can't comment on feel...

Sorry guys... Off topic I know but.... Why have you all done this? Are they nicer? Better feel???

Bit of cheap bling really

Also when the weather is wet some types of shoes and the worn smooth plastic originals and the worn smooth metal throttle = very slippery and dangerous. If your hoof slips off the brake when heading to a roundabout or t-junction at, ahem, enthusiastic speeds you go :shocked!: and then a little :pale:

had it happen to me once :grin:

Done the same thing with my pedals, cut off the funny little bits on the brake pedal and stuck it on, as for the accelerator i did think about modifying the pedal but thought that was a dit too much so modded the cover. I removed the lip of the pedal and drilled a small hole at the top and rivited it to the pedal. I then used a bit of glue to stick the bottom down. You can't see the where i rivited it unless you relly look and its been like that for a few years now. Also if i ever wanted i could easily take it off. Did see somewhere something about left hand drive and automatic.

Well worth doing, never had my feet slip off the pedals but I don't get that really annoying squeak when my trainers are wet.

I got mine from the dealership. Pretty cheap and only a few quid each, plus they even fitted them for me! I can't remember exactly (I searched on here myself when I did it) but I think you need to use some of the LHD pedals?