Sign in to follow this  
lycara

Engine Covers

Hey guys I have recently bought the vr6 plastic engine cover as mine was missing :cry: How do I go about attaching it to the engine I can see there are 2 holes for bolts which do I need? I also got one of these

eginecover.jpg

This also has a hole for a bolt what do I need for this

You will need a handful of bolts, they're a Torx type drive and probably still available from VW for not much money, you could bung other bolts in for now but it will look a bit naff. The engine cover also relies on you having the bottom lead cover/guide which I'm assuming you have? Looks like the top one you have already just without the big swoopy bit at the top

Urm yup have the bottom one. I'm confused about the big swoopey thing you are on about?

Ha, yeah I confused myself when writing it, was hard to put it in words but I meant the bit that extends over the mouth of the manifold up to the throttle body, the bit of plastic attached to the top guide and not the bottom one.

Anyway you need all 3 bits and the bit that goes on the side and covers the coil pack, they all clip/screw together to a certain extent and all use the same multi-spline M6 type bolts, around 7ish bolts off the top of my head but I may be wrong.

you may be able to use some M6 nuts and washers, although it will make it a tad fiddly when removing.

Right some of them are m6 nuts, part number 021133915b

Some of them are m6 bolts, part number n90508101

Put all the plastics where they should be and look at what you need, hopefully this is enough info for you to get it sorted

P.S, Don't hold me to those part numbers but they should be right, check with your parts man first