Sign in to follow this  
ZeroK66

Door handle... HELP.

Hello all,

Well, I believe this is a common problem. I have just bought my rado and the LHS door hadle is buggered. Now normally this would not bother me too much - given I am in the UK and the car is LHD... this IS a pain in the arse... help.

Where can I get a decent handle for it? Is there an alternative? passat or something?

Any help appreciated.

Thanks,

Leon

Use the search! :roll: There's LOADS of posts about it on here... try searching for "passat AND handle" and see what you find! :wink:

Hey.. I'm no help, but congrats on a LHD corrado..

I like to get my passenger to read the newspaper in mine whilst I let people overtake me on the motorway and just watch their faces.........

Not been stopped and breath tested yet.. but sure they'd ask the passenger before they'd ask me...

So much fun can be had in LHD cars (except at the entrances to multistorey car parks :(

I know what you mean in multistorey car parks. I just carnt reach that ticket without puting my right leg in the passenger footwell. :lol: Then you have to get going quick before the barrier comes down!! :lol:

Oh buga... never thought of that. Mmmm, well the LHD is not too bad, well so I thought. Only curbed it BAD BAD BAD on brand new 17s... :(

Hit an island... was not paying attantion. Knocked the alignment out and all sorts. Going to get is looked at this weekend, cross fingers everythig is alright.

Will do a search, thanks guys.

I like to get my passenger to read the newspaper in mine whilst I let people overtake me on the motorway and just watch their faces.........

:lol:

Right...

Got all the info. My only question is would a front Passat handle fit and if so could I change the locks round so I dont need new keys? :roll:

Me and Kev were discussing this yesterday, he is fairly sure that the front passat ones are the same but with the longer striker pin, so you will also need the mechs to go with them and they won't suffer the weakness of the corrado ones. Locks should swap over ok too.

The Corrado owning hordes will be extremely interested to hear that passat front handles fit, if it's possible...

It will remove one of the (many) lingering fragilities of these damn cars...

as far as i`m aware if changing the handles for passat ones you need to change the catches aswell!!

i`m sure there is a post on here somewhere with part no`s etc.

A lot of people have talked about using Passat *rear* handles (to get the de-locked look) but no-one's ever mentioned using the *front* door handles before (at least that I remember).

I'm confused - When you say mechs do you mean the mech in the door or the mech inside the handle?

cheers

yeah, what exactly does the mechanism include the handles, rods and the lock that bolts to the side of the door, is this everything, and if the passat has central locking does this mean it plugs straight in?

thanks

Guys, when I say the mechs I mean the ones on the inside of the door that the handles strike onto as the passat ones strike at a different point to the originals...

For the rear handle mod you will need remote central locking but the fronts should plug in as a direct replacement (if you want to unlock the car using the key)