Sign in to follow this  
dirtytorque

torque spec for 13mm bolt that holds the front subframe

Anyone know pls?

I checked the knowledge base.

The two 13 mm bolts that hold the rad support and the front subframe with the front engine mount in place.

thnks.

I made an (ill)educated guess. Can't remember what I did in the end though. :lol: Think it was only 35nm or 40 or something. Isn't that the one that is also held in place by the four mahooosive bolts for the front bumper? Those are torqued up to about 80nm I think (would have to check Bentley for the exact torque). They should hold it nicely just by themselves. Also one of those 13mm bolts was missing from mine anyway.

Would be nice if someone knows the specified torque for those though.

I made an (ill)educated guess. Can't remember what I did in the end though. :lol: Think it was only 35nm or 40 or something. Isn't that the one that is also held in place by the four mahooosive bolts for the front bumper? Those are torqued up to about 80nm I think (would have to check Bentley for the exact torque). They should hold it nicely just by themselves. Also one of those 13mm bolts was missing from mine anyway.

Would be nice if someone knows the specified torque for those though.

...yeah they are in the middle of the two big 17mm bolts for the bumper(85nm ).

Bentley dosn't have any details for them. :(

Your right I wouldn't want to over torque them so it would be nice to know the spec.

Blimey those bolts were missing?

So you couldn't just take the bumper off then with the engine in.

Not with getting a headache. :lol:

Fortunately I'd just got off the phone to Toad who advised a jack under the engine before removing the bumper which you can see clearly in my pics. Even though I've replaced the bolts now I still wouldn't trust it to support the engine without the bumper in place with its four bolts done up. That's a hell of a lot of weight for two 13mm bolts.... :pale: Can certainly see why Bentley advises you not to drive the car without the bumper in place! :lol:

There were loads of bolts missing from my car or just not done up properly. Some very slack workmanship in the past. Glad I'm saving it. :D