Sign in to follow this  
Leonard

Lovely looking pair!

If anyone wants one come and buy it off me. I'm desperate to sell one of these! :D VW are aiming for March delivery on these but the order book opened on Friday.

If anyone wants one come and buy it off me. I'm desperate to sell one of these! :D VW are aiming for March delivery on these but the order book opened on Friday.

As mentioned above I would struggle to hand over almost £30k for one. Especially as you can pick up a nice 2nd hand Gti for 12k and then spend less than £1500 on a Miltek exhaust with sport cat and a Revo 2 map for the same performance. Or even better an already good looking ED30 where £2k will get you 320bhp 8)

They do look really nice tho for a new car package with warranty. Rather have either of them over an Audi S3

why didnt they bother with 4WD in the rocco?? :confused4:

Probably trying to give the Golf a performance advantage maybe :confused4: Wouldnt be at all surprised though if the Rocco is actually a fair bit faster in the dry

Probably trying to give the Golf a performance advantage maybe :confused4: Wouldnt be at all surprised though if the Rocco is actually a fair bit faster in the dry

Rocco is most likely going to prove to be the better driver's car. Even though the four wheel drive system on the Golf is hugely complicated and clever and shifts drive to the rear wheels before the front ones start to spin the extra weight is probably gonna swallow up the small power advantage and if you notice the torque output of the two engines is exactly the same.

I really wouldn't lament the fact that the rocco has no four wheel drive. I'm expecting it to be way more fun, if a little less grippy.... :nuts:

I've seen one. :grin: At hq in Milton Keynes when I was on a course. Left hand drive and freshly over from Germany. The attention to detail is great and there's no mistaking what you're looking at.

You're still probably gonna get to drive it before I do though Jim. :lol:

Hehe... already been in touch with my contact in the Press Office on that very subject, now that there are some release dates floating about :)

Probably because the Scirocco/Corrado had no heritage as a four wheel drive car. The Golf has had 4wd since the 80's with the Rallye and R32 models.

As mentioned above I would struggle to hand over almost £30k for one.

I thought of you saying this when I spoke to my customer today who has spent £30k just on a normal mk6 GTI. 8) :lol:

Don't think we'll have too much bother shifting the R. Enquiries have started coming in. :D

As mentioned above I would struggle to hand over almost £30k for one.

I thought of you saying this when I spoke to my customer today who has spent £30k just on a normal mk6 GTI. 8) :lol:

Don't think we'll have too much bother shifting the R. Enquiries have started coming in. :D

LOL tell him to come and have a word with me in 3 years time. Will be waiting with 12.5k in my backburner :lol:

Hmmm new Golf Gti or http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/1260281.htm :grin:

It's things like that RS4 that make me question why anyone would ever lash £30k on a new 'hot hatch' when you can have a bahn-stormer like that! It's even got 2 years (ish) warranty left on it! :)

Joe, so as a 'prime' potential Golf R owner...whens my test drive?!?! :lol:

I pressume there will be a couple doing the rounds so us R32 boys can get out of our gas guzzlers?

It's things like that RS4 that make me question why anyone would ever lash £30k on a new 'hot hatch' when you can have a bahn-stormer like that! It's even got 2 years (ish) warranty left on it! :)

If the RS4 was sold now it would be nearer £55k due to the flucations in the Euro. £28k for that spec (especially when a fully specced S3 with 5bhp less is £38k) isn't too bad.

If the RS4 was sold now it would be nearer £55k due to the flucations in the Euro. £28k for that spec (especially when a fully specced S3 with 5bhp less is £38k) isn't too bad.

Yeah but just because the £ is now worth bugger all against the Euro, that still doesnt make £28k a bargain for a 2.0 4 cylinder hot hatch with a remap and some fancy wheels :wink: :grin:

Joe, so as a 'prime' potential Golf R owner...whens my test drive?!?! :lol:

I pressume there will be a couple doing the rounds so us R32 boys can get out of our gas guzzlers?

As soon as we get one mate I'll give you a shout! Customer orders are just coming out of our regular golf/scirocco allocations.

Ummm...just specc'd mine up and it comes to £40k. :wave:

Sweet, I'll place the order tomorrow morning. How much deposit do you want to leave? :lol:

Sonicriot - Thanks but I'll lose too much money on my 18 month old TT. It will be interesting to see whether any customers will flash the cash and order cars circa £35k.