Sign in to follow this  
lilfuzzer

After wax polishing?

Hi all after some advice.

Spent all day cleaning and polishing then waxing the car for the winter as some guides on here.

Just wondering is polishing over the winter will effect the wax protection?

many thanks

Chris

Yes mate just keep adding wax or you'll take it back off polishing :?

Cheers Kip still learning this cleaning thing :notworthy:

What wax did you use?

Also using a quality car shampoo will help protect your wax finish... Been using Megs Gold Class (from Halfords) and just trying the new Chemical Guys.

These tend to containg better Foam agents to help float off dirt, as well as ingredients to help protect your wax... the chemical Guys claims to "feed" the paint too... :shrug: To soon to see yet only used it twice!

just keep lobbing wax on over winter our Kid... that stuff I used on your C is ideal (Megs - NTX) :grin:

X2 tried the megs NXT 2.0 TECH (YEEEEY!) over the week end and i was impressed with the results, now to see how its lasts.

Megs NXT not that long lasting... I use Colinite 915, lasts months! In fact seen trials where it was still beading 6+ months later (and that was over last winter's heavy snowfalls!)

what did you use Leonard, paste or the liquid? I used the liquid, seemed ok. But i was also using an orbital.

Where do you get the Colinite 915 from Jon, how much?

what did you use Leonard, paste or the liquid? I used the liquid, seemed ok. But i was also using an orbital.

Was about £14 from Alex at Elite car care... I've only used 1/4 in a year! :shock:

Was about £14 from Alex at Elite car care... I've only used 1/4 in a year! :shock:

ah cool, thanks!

Whats the different numbers refer to Colinite #915, #476, #845 etc?

Used the liquid.

Dont know why (maybe bit cold out, but not silly cold) but was really difficult to get off. So much so I used an orbital in the end and it was still difficult! :?

Matt

Cheers chaps I am using autoglym shampoo as have loads left and a skinflint so want to use it up first. :lol:

As for wax have used collinite 915 after reading that its longer lasting as the car is used everyday for work:( .

Will be buying diff shampoo next time as doesnt seem to stay suds for very long.

Also tried that rain-x stuff and my word does it bead off!

thanks again as have been trying to get into the car of the paint to make it last longer before it is done again after the rest of the work