kvwloon

Corrado Dealers , Swadlincote, Derbyshire. Any locals?

I know they've been going for years, which is a good sign, they seems to have a fair bit of Corrado's in stock, prices at the upper end IMO, but the mileage / standard of car seems at the upper end as well, so fair enough. I'm looking to go from a 16v to a VR6.

Anyone on here a local who can confirm (a) their reputation and (b) Is it a nice part of the country to make a weekend of it. I'm guessing it's peak district so should be nice? Ta in advance.

U talkin' about TCS mate?

If u are, Im sure there's stories of good and bad from within the forum, from what I've seen the guy seems to be a bit of a knobber, taking parts off and selling them on the bay etc...but Im not saying this is true...

My experiences of him, was that I must've phoned up 10times regarding getting some actual pictures/info/viewing dates of a mint VR I was 98% thinking of buying, he :censored: 'd me off something cronic when not returning phone calls/not having the required info etc etc,

then 2 days before Id arranged to go up and view the car, a much better one came up on Autotrader, for less $$!!

Bonus :clap:

If ur not talkin' about TCS, then apologies for my non-relative input :lol:

TCS are local to me but i have never personally dealt with them, if you do make the trip across there is another garage called "Derby Trade Cars" the owner Andy is a big corrado fan and often has 1 or 2 decent examples for sale. Oh, and yes peak district is a lovely place to stay or visit whilst here. Ian

heard bad things but have dealt with them myself and had no problems at all, in fact he was very helpful

Had a bad experience back in 2008 with them - I traveled a fair distance to see a mint bodies 16v, lets just say it was more than one colour!

could have changed by now however.

If you treat him like you would any other Trader and not a Corrado Enthusiast then I think you'll be fine.

Just don't expect any favours, deals, help, direct honesty related to the cars.

Question and double check everything would be my advice and don't be afraid to walk away, I know I did after viewing a couple of his cars despite being ultra tempted.

I've had a couple of bad experiences with TCS, my advice is avoid at all costs... there are a couple of decent cars for sale on this forum which are probably worth a look

Go to Amos motors in derby and see Mark

He has a classic green storm for sale with cream leather

It has 137k full service

3 owners on a N plate

He loves corrados and has aqua blue super charged one :)

Edited by robo22sri

That Amos motors Storm has God awful alloys.

(EDIT: Not a reason in itself not to look at it of course - but factor in the cost of new wheels and tyres).

I wouldn't exclude dealers but I also wouldn't go out of your way to buy from one. They sell to make a profit and so they generally have to buy cheap, tart it up as cheaply as possible, and sell it on again. You can get lucky of course and find a gem at a dealer but equally you might end up with a poor car which has been polished a lot. With a private sale you can chat to the owner and get a feel for how the car was looked after. It's even better if you can find one that has been owned on here andhas a build thread or other information from the seller on it. The youngest Corrado nowadays is 17 years old so it's not like buying a normal car from a dealer.

Edited by Portent

If you treat him like you would any other Trader and not a Corrado Enthusiast then I think you'll be fine.

Just don't expect any favours, deals, help, direct honesty related to the cars.

Question and double check everything would be my advice and don't be afraid to walk away, I know I did after viewing a couple of his cars despite being ultra tempted.

That's basically everything that I was going to say!

Go to Amos motors in derby and see Mark

He has a classic green storm for sale with cream leather

It has 137k full service

3 owners on a N plate

He loves corrados and has aqua blue super charged one :)

I'd stay well clear of that one unless the points raised in the original ebay ad have been cleared up.. I'm guessing by the fact he's had it so long means probably not..

Check this thread..

I'd stay well clear of that one unless the points raised in the original ebay ad have been cleared up.. I'm guessing by the fact he's had it so long means probably not..

Check this thread..

I have bought plenty of parts from Mark and he is an honest bloke he doesn't sell broken crap

It's worth a look if local!