Sign in to follow this  
D-REG GOLF G60

G60 engine

I would not worry too much about this at the moment. You may want to use it but get the car running before worrying about this

Not sure if mine has the 31 relay on it, don't think so, did not take too much notice. Anyway I am running my rad fan on a switch so it would make no difference if I did.

Oil wise - 10w40 semi synth is the tuff to use. Either Quantum or the stuff GSF now sell will be fine. Points to check. Make sure you have the right oil filter, it is G60 specific.

ok mate wen ur nxt in ur g60 culd u av a look 2 c if u do av that relay?ive bin told to use fully sin 10-40,im pretty sure its a g60 1 ,its flush at the end instead of avin the nut thing like gti's.

Got my oil sorted quantum 10-40w fully sin 20l 4 under 40 quid shuld b deliverd 2 my work monday,wots the difference between the oil filters?sorted the switch 4 the fan 2,and exhaust,anti freeze,my fuel pump dont make a noise wen u put the ignition on,does urs?

Fuel pump should prime when ignition goes on, just briefly and then go off again.

Semi synth is fine for G60's and your oil filter should have a nut on the end, the normal Gti ones don't.

Not had a look for this relay yet. Will let you know

Hi

new to the forum, i too have a mk2 g60, g reg with a jreg corrado g60 engine, after reading this topic ia also want to fit the extra loom i have left over from the corrado for the after run switch, as in summer it gets really hot, just cant seem to suss out the loom. sorry for hi-jacking the post.

Welcome 2 the forum mate,nice 2 c anuva golf g60 owner,oh rite i dont have the extra bit of loom it shuld b in the light loom and go2 31 relay on top of the fusebox,how av u got ur fan workin,isit on a switch or on all the time?

yeah my fan works just fine, but i dont have the after run setup ive got all the wiring though, not really a problem in winter but in summer the engine temps get real high. Just ordered a slim line fan when it arrives i will be tackling this.

oh rite how av u got it wire up?av u got it on a switch?wot does the after run do?can u take some pics of that loom 4 me plz mate?also wot fuel pump r u running ?does it prime wen u turn the ignition on?

Fuel pump should prime when ignition goes on, just briefly and then go off again.

Semi synth is fine for G60's and your oil filter should have a nut on the end, the normal Gti ones don't.

ok mate wot feul pump r u running?

Running a standard 8v digifant fuel pump. As I understand it a healthy digi fuel pump will provide enough fuel and pressure when running 3 bar. I believe they are designed to push about 4 bar anyway. Mine has been on the car for at least 90,000 miles, may even be the original as the car approaches 200,000 miles so it it possible that it may not be able to cope at some point. In which case it could get upped to a 16v one.

my car was originally an 8 valve and i knew id have problems with the fuel pump, so i converted it to a 16valve one with a new pump and casings and had some fuel lines fabricated. follow the below link to my old buil thread.

http://www.dubforce.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=13114&st=0

ok mate thankz,ive got a golf g60 1 which doesnt seem 2 prime wiv ignition on,guna try starting it up ova weekend hopfully,c if it works then.i cant look at any of ur pics on that link do i need 2b a member?

Running a standard 8v digifant fuel pump. As I understand it a healthy digi fuel pump will provide enough fuel and pressure when running 3 bar. I believe they are designed to push about 4 bar anyway. Mine has been on the car for at least 90,000 miles, may even be the original as the car approaches 200,000 miles so it it possible that it may not be able to cope at some point. In which case it could get upped to a 16v one.

ok mate thankz,ive got a golf g60 1,guna try starting it up ova weekend hopefully,av u ad a look at that relay yet?

Yes just went out with torch to look. Not got relay 31. Only got the relay holder for fuse 90. Might plug it on one day and see if it actually works. IIRC though from my old Corrado, it only seemed to activate in the summer, I know this mainly as it used to set the car alarm off :lol:

Yes just went out with torch to look. Not got relay 31. Only got the relay holder for fuse 90. Might plug it on one day and see if it actually works. IIRC though from my old Corrado, it only seemed to activate in the summer, I know this mainly as it used to set the car alarm off :lol:

Nice 1 mate,does avin ur fan on a switch keep the engine cool in the summer?

er dont know yet. Fan is on switch but car has only been back on the road a month so dont know how is is going to react in the summer. Got a mocal oil cooler to go on that should help keep oil temp down a bit.

er dont know yet. Fan is on switch but car has only been back on the road a month so dont know how is is going to react in the summer. Got a mocal oil cooler to go on that should help keep oil temp down a bit.

make sure you delete the water/oil cooler when doing this and bridge the pipework across for water flow as it fowls the front cross member when the mocal sandwich plate is installed. or u will have to use a normal gti oil filter.

Yeah I noticed that when I trial fitted the sandwich plate when building the car up. Went for the initial easy option and left it standard.