Sign in to follow this  
aclwalker

Part number with "K25" on the end?

Does anyone know the difference between the following two parts?

357919243A

357919243A K25

Both are described as ashtray bulb holders with bulbs and specified as being green.

What does the K25 mean?

I think it's the first one that I need, but I don't have the old one in front of me right now.

Dunno if it helps or if you have already looked at this but: ETKA Link. Part KA is listed as 'b' as if its just the same part different number. There is a SEAT diagram as well, same part numbers and again the KA version just seems to be an alternative.

Yeah, that's confirming what I'm saying. The two parts seem to be for the same part but it's not clear what this "K25" version is for. I think the first one is the right one. I'll try to remember to ask what this means when I order it at the dealer.

I broke my ashtray bulb, thought it would just come out, dont think it does? :lol:

That's right, it doesn't come out! The bulb is permanently attached to the holder, so you need a new holder too. If you try to pull the bulb out it breaks it, leaving the lefs of the bulb still in the holder!

It's not a vital part, of course, but I don't like things not working. Two of the first 'repairs' I did on my Corrado when I got it were to renew the incorrect interior bulbs which were dimmer than the most distant stars and a new bulb and battery in the key so I could find the lock in the dark!

I think I see what you mean. The number without the K25 is the 'parent' number if you like, and sometimes you get choices underneath that of the bulb colour. But each car will only normally have one bulb colour, I guess, but any colour would be electrically and mechanically compatible.

Just thought I'd let people know what VW still do this part at the dealership. They do it in either RED or GREEN illumination and it costs €5.06. I ordered mine today.