jazzdevil

The all-purpose F1 thread...

Good season. I thought most of the races were pretty good and a bunch of different winners kept it interesting. And I ended winning the Fantasy league too. Get in there!

Well I did lead it for nearly all the season so I would have been pretty annoyed if I had lost, but it did get a bit close at the end.

You won last year and I came second, a reversal of this year, so next season we shall see who shall be crowned champion.

an ok season,well pretty good actually.Shame the two brits just didn't have the hardware to do the job.

I wish they'd bring back refueling though for a more strategic edge.And the goodyear tyre lasted waaaay to long too on most tracks imo.

an ok season,well pretty good actually.Shame the two brits just didn't have the hardware to do the job.

I wish they'd bring back refueling though for a more strategic edge.And the goodyear tyre lasted waaaay to long too on most tracks imo.

Yeah i'd like them to bring back refuelling. Gives the race an extra angle,

I don't agree with the refuelling thing. I think its made it more interesting not having it as those outside the top 10 can decide to run longer and try to boost their position when everyone else is doing their pitstops. That wouldn't happen with refuelling as the front runners always fuel light and charge off in the first few laps, and those fuelled for a longer run get left way behind.

But I do agree about the tyres lasting way too long. When you can do 30 or 40 laps on the super soft, what's the point of calling it soft? Surely they should last 20 laps max.

The feed :lol:

I can live with out Eddie, sure he added some amusment at times, but at others he annoyed me. Get rid of Legard too!

We only need Brundle :lol:

About flippin' time. I was getting really bored of hearing Legard read from the timing screens. There's only so much "Vettel from Alonso from Webber from Hamilton" that I can take. At least DC knows what he's talking about and the commentaries might get a bit more technical.

I wonder if they'll get a new pundit to go with JH & EJ? If its just those two walking around the pits I can't see it working. Jake blatantly thinks Eddie is a tool and is always having little digs at him (whereas he has his tongue firmly up DC's rear end).

There's only so much "Vettel from Alonso from Webber from Hamilton" that I can take.

:lol: I know exactly what you mean Jim, im constantly correcting the guy out loud. "That was Hamilton, not Button!". He's a bit of a plank.

Another point i forgot to mention

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsp ... 360338.stm

Alonso stating that Michael Shumacher will be his biggest rival in 2011. I dont understand this, as imo even if Mercedes produced a good car for 2011 i still wouldnt put Schumacher has Alonso's biggest threat for me the biggest threats to Alonso have to be either Vettel or Hamilton. Thats just choosing from current champions on the grid. BUt if i were to include any driver on the grid, id say webber and button too.

Cant see Massa being too much of a threat as i dont think ferrari will let him, who knows. Also if Mercedes do have a good car, id put Rosberg higher up then Schumacher.

Not much going in this thread. But i thought id give you all something to take a look at.

Ferrari reveiled their 2011 car today, looks nice to me - quite like it. Looking forward to seeing the other teams.

Take a look at this for a comparison between the 2010 and 2011 Ferrari.

http://www.marca.com/2011/01/28/multime ... 22999.html

Thats a really clever way to compare the two cars - like it.

Interesting that they now have the exhausts running through the back rather than through the body work - is that a rule change then ?

Also front wing is way higher than last year - much closer to a certain Newey design I recall :norty:

Oh found out some exciting news the other day - turns out my girlfriends brothers grilfriends mothers sister is Mike Gascoyne ex wife .......so you could say I have pretty strong connections with F1 now :lol:

No dont think thats a rule change, more designing the car towards the Redbull of 2010, but incorporating the design for the rule changes.

Not sure when the other cars are due to be reveiled other then the mclaren which we know will be after the Valencia testing

Is is me or is the 2011 Ferazza higher and larger than the 2010? The nose is significantly higher, tho the front wing looks to be lower. The air intake is higher too. Interestingly they seem to have shortened the rear and lenghtened the nose. No idea what that will do, maybe better turn in?

I'm going to try to get to a race at some point this year, probably abroad. I went to the Spanish GP a few years ago and it was quality, a good weekend in Barca and a great race on a hot day, but I'd like to go to Singapore this time, partly cos its a night race, but mostly cos I really like the city. Just like London but 200 times cleaner and with much better food. Its looking quite expensive tho, so I may try for Malaysia which is a helluva lot cheaper. So if anyone can get backstage passes as it were, give me a shout.

I see what you mean about the high nose, but the wing is still at the same level, leaving a gap between it and the nose. Looks likes its to direct more air under the car. The air intake however looks to be at the same height as the 2010 car.

Untitled.jpg[/attachment:25dilwko]

Jim Singapore would be a great track to go to. The cars look amazing under the lights on the tv. Would be good to see that in the flesh - not sure London would even compare to Singapore. Germany would be another good track to visit imo :D

Good comparison that, have to say I prefer the look of F1 cars without the big aero piece that connects the top air intake to the rear spoiler, absolutely no idea what the technical name for it is but the cars look much cleaner without it

You mean the shark fin thingy mi'bob?

Yeah i think it looks better with out :D

Yeah I think that's the word I was looking for :) Probably makes a few tenths difference a lap but just looks weird (to me anyway)

for anyone trying to work out the lotus nonsense :)

screen-shot-2011-02-01-at-19-23-16.png[/attachment:sn4uy8ml]

renault lotus looks fuckin awesome, front exhaust giving a blown floor i would hand them the award already if i didnt think mclaren have a trick up sleeve