Sign in to follow this  
C. Will Corrado G60 2

The first automotive performance meter available for...

Nice toy :D

It'll be interesting to see how accurate the iPhone's accelerometer is compared to the industry standard RaceLogic VBox's though.

I downloaded a Horsepower app for my iPhone, I moved my arm with it on and it measured it at over 300bhp so I can't see it being that accurate :lol:

I tell you what though, if you jack a front wheel up, duct tape the iphone to the tyre and bury the throttle, would that give you a wheel hp figure? :D

I downloaded a Horsepower app for my iPhone, I moved my arm with it on and it measured it at over 300bhp so I can't see it being that accurate :lol:

Well if you've got a weight of a ton or so programmed into the iphone, then you move it quickly with your arm, it probably would calculate out to 300bhp. It's all to do with the acceleration.

I tell you what though, if you jack a front wheel up, duct tape the iphone to the tyre and bury the throttle, would that give you a wheel hp figure? :D

sweet :lol: :lol:

Was talking to a mate at work t'other day about a similar app, but it came with a lead that connects to the OBD port. It has all the above with diagnostics as well. It's a lot more, but that is the cost of the adapter.

Nice toy :D

It'll be interesting to see how accurate the iPhone's accelerometer is compared to the industry standard RaceLogic VBox's though.

As the owner of a vBox I'll be happy to oblige if anyone feels like they want to set up a test :)

Was talking to a mate at work t'other day about a similar app, but it came with a lead that connects to the OBD port. It has all the above with diagnostics as well. It's a lot more, but that is the cost of the adapter.

Ross showed me that the other day. Looked quite good.

Christ! Imagine having VAG COM on your iPhone!

That'd be handy for random problem diagnosis... someone sort it out! :)

I'd really like that on my ipod touch. Could guff around loads with watching various sensors.

I downloaded a Horsepower app for my iPhone, I moved my arm with it on and it measured it at over 300bhp :lol:

Dude You need a Girlfriend or just change arms... :lol: