Sign in to follow this  
VAG-hag

Ouch - rice can burn you!!!

The funny thing is there was one of these at work yesterday:

Startech-Tuned-Dodge-Nitro.jpg

...The bonnet line was almost at chest height. Makes the pedestrian safety measures that have been enforced by the various governmental bodies on the GT-R (of which there are very, very few examples in existence) seem laughable.

Some of the opinions in that thread are laughable, such as saying "If someone is stupid enough to walk into the road then they deserve to get hurt" - implying of course that ANYONE who drives a GTR will never make a driver error, or be a drunk driver or something and it'll ALWAYS be the fault of a pedestrian. Idiots.

Some of the opinions in that thread are laughable, such as saying "If someone is stupid enough to walk into the road then they deserve to get hurt" - implying of course that ANYONE who drives a GTR will never make a driver error, or be a drunk driver or something and it'll ALWAYS be the fault of a pedestrian. Idiots.

Yip. Mongos. As we can clearly see from that Veyron thread it doesn't matter how much money you have, being able to afford an expensive car doesn't mean you have the skills to drive it. And even if you do have all the skills in the world you are only human and make mistakes. That's why they invented air bags and crumple zones and the like. When your luck does run out it's nearly always far better to hurt someone and see them live another day than it is to kill them. Even if it does cost 11 bags to put your car right again.

After reading that thread - I immediately cancelled my R35 order! :lol:

The prices do seem over inflated, but then IMO Nissan prices are stupid. The cost of parts for the 200SX is just mad. It makes VW look very very reasonable.

Personally with my job i've dealt with a few pedestrian impact systems going off. And the most it's cost a customer is around £3500, and thats Jaguar prices which I always thinks is too expensive, but then most get their insurance to pay. Not one of them have needed the ecu changed but then they are 2 completely different brands, so maybe Nissan in their money making meeting decided to have a one use ecu?!

I'm just glad this forum isn't like theirs - there seems to be a lot of resentment towards the R35 drivers from the older model owners and vice versa. Can you imagine if it was like that on here? you're not worthy unless you have a VR6. :brickwall:

Anyway my 2p :sleeping:

Laura

I'm just glad this forum isn't like theirs - there seems to be a lot of resentment towards the R35 drivers from the older model owners and vice versa. Can you imagine if it was like that on here? you're not worthy unless you have a VR6. :brickwall:

To be fair there were sensible comments on there from members who've obviously been there a while and couldn't really give a sh!t what model people have as long as it's a GT-R badged one, that's the forum afterall!

Some very excitable Knobs on there too though! :camp:

If you read the posts he had the work covered by his insurance - that's what it's for afterall :wink:

But how much does that add to everyone else's insurnace? just because insurance quotes are based on how much the repair is inflated"because it is covered by insurance. A never ending circle springs to mind.

If you read the posts he had the work covered by his insurance - that's what it's for afterall...

The worst bit is that after a couple of years of depreciation, a 30mph bump that bend a few panels and sets off all the airbags could write-off a GT-R. :gag:

If you read the posts he had the work covered by his insurance - that's what it's for afterall...

The worst bit is that after a couple of years of depreciation, a 30mph bump that bend a few panels and sets off all the airbags could write-off a GT-R. :gag:

how much would a cat d write off be worth then? might start saving!

If you read the posts he had the work covered by his insurance - that's what it's for afterall :wink:

But how much does that add to everyone else's insurnace? just because insurance quotes are based on how much the repair is inflated"because it is covered by insurance. A never ending circle springs to mind.

The point I was making was the chap in question had no say in the cost of the repair because it was done through his insurance, and so slagging him off as having "money to burn and/or little sense" as if he'd just agreed to the repair without an idea of cost was fairly pointless.

The point I was making was the chap in question had no say in the cost of the repair because it was done through his insurance, and so slagging him off as having "money to burn and/or little sense" as if he'd just agreed to the repair without an idea of cost was fairly pointless.

true but he did start out saying he would pay whatever it would cost to repair as he didnt want to involve insurance......then the bill came :pukeright:

i would have gone down the insurance route at that point too :lol:

ok completely wrong accusation which I'll ignore once but not twice.

my criticism is he was prepared to get it repaired without first getting an indication of cost, at that stage the cost of the repair was not being pursued through his insurance - from the thread...

When the accident happened i called my dealer and asked them to collect the car and told them i would just pay for it without putting it through my insurance.

Then i found out the total cost of the repairs.

so, my criticism is not exactly pointless as he's prepared to do exactly what you suggest he didn't

that's all from me on this thread :salute:

My mate has just had a bit of trouble with his vauxhall ( asstra i think) and his sump broke and dumped all his oil out.

apparently the grage want £500 to fix it.

That sounds alot for just a new sump £150, taking the old one off, putting the new one on and then filling it back up with oil :cuckoo:

Nearly £250 just for labour. :cuckoo:

sounds rather alot just for that.