Sign in to follow this  
JasonSanders

Nitrous on a G60

well my m8 who has a 150bhp shot on his rear engined 2.1 turbo nova sort of knows pretty much everything there is to know about nitrous, he has a lot of dealing with the wizzard of nos kits and he thinks if i could mount the bottle in the engine bay i could run a 150bhp shot of nitrous, with the charger it would give just over 170bhp increase of power

If there is a lot of interest in the kits i can probably organise a group buy with the controller system

id be a little careful, sounds a hell of a lot of extra grunt to put through the engine.................not nice.

imo anyway

Do a search for nitrous on here, you will see that there is, and I have posted quite a bit on this subject if it hasn't been deleted when the forum changed.

Your mate knows all there is to know! and he's running 150shot of nos!!

Then he should use his wisdom and a little pulse width modulation and get more power with less stress and more efficiant use of the gas than he currently seems to be!

I know Trevor quite well and that info you offered does not sound like the wisdom of the wizard plus ARP rod bolts are meant to keep the bearing caps in place for high revving situations, nitrous provides a high torque environment at lower revs by offering an abundance of free oxygen to burn the extra fuel with, the better & more useful addition would have been to use chromolybdenium rods to handle the high rod compression forces produced from Nitrous use not just bolts which offer little with this kind of use though are a good part to use, progressive is the tool and a suggested safe margin is half the std engines output figure added by the nitrous.

Good-oh!

Chris

P.s. Cheers Cheesy

look up sams post on vortex.

he's done it on the G60.

150hp is far too much. torque gains on the G60 are massive. think he got a 40 shot and gained 100lbs/ft and the 40whp. thats drive shaft snapping torque with over 300lbs/ft

A rear engined 2.1 Turbo with 150 shot of Nitrous.......in a Nova? Is your friend insane?

i was woundering the same thing

my mate is insane with his 350+bhp nova with a 2.0l vauxall calibra engine standalone fuel managment and a turbo running also 150bhp extra with NOS mind you he went through about 3 clutches b4 changine to a padel clutch...... (lol nosed it at 60mph and compleatly burned out the clucth... LOL...

oh dear, speaking of Novas, I just followed a B reg one back from work.

More rust than car I think, and had them neons on the bottom, which were mounted on the piss, and miles too low, I'm sure the law says if you can see them (ie not the light on the road, but the bulb itself) because they drop under the sill of the car, then they are illegale, these ones were so low you could see a gap between the top of the bulb and the underneither of the car, and they weren't level.

He had a stoopid sized exhaust on the back, which made it sound lie a tractor.

I passed him on the dual carriage, when he reached top speed (35mph) and I over took him (when he eventually moved over!!!!).

Then I was greated with the most stupid 'mod' on the car, instead of the neon bloo screen washer jet thangs which every Nova seems to be fitted with now as standard, he had ones that changed colour!!!!! from red/blue/yellow/purple/pink/orange/green every 3 seconds.

What a tosser!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Best bit was we were waiting at lights, and him and his mate were pearing (from undr their burbrerry caps) at the girl in the car behind me, she gave them the best look, as if to say "does your mum know that you've ruined her car like that!!!!!!", truly genius.

cars like ']['H3R4POR's example give nova's a bad name, cant say as i'm a major fan of them, but i do like the idea of a totally striped out, calibra turbo engine'd, nova track car. sure not as special as vr6 track beast, but it'd be alot of cheap fun!

(puts on fire-proof overalls and prepares for a damn good roasting ;))

My mate has a Nova with a Cavalier 2.0 16v (non turbo) engine fitted. This thing is like a point & shoot car. Point it in the desired direction & floor the throttle - just don't try to go round corners :lol:

His car handles like a sack of s**t.

I know a chap called Duncan at Club GTi who runs a fogger on his MkII G60. It has about 250bhp - 260bhp, which believe me in a MkII is more than enough. Can't recall what size shot he was using unfortunately.

John