Sign in to follow this  
marmite monster

speedlines! do we all agree they are the best wheels?

speedlines huummmm been looking for wheels for my doh for a few weeks now but the more i look the more im thinking just keep the speedlines but get a top quality super glossy refurb. :D

what do we all think? the best wheels? :confused4: let see some pics

oh apart from bs rs of course 8)

pic3x.jpg

Have to admit that Ive had loads of wheels but everytime I put the Speedlines back on I love them. Just put mine back on and its looking good.

yeh am tempted by 16" speedline tooooo

also giving serious thought to painting my old pitted ones in gunmetal grey - i have black paint 8)

Yep.. Agree 100% :) Love the speedlines and always have.. Would even go so far as to say I'd rather have speedlines than the much vaunted BBS 301's.

Yep.. Agree 100% :) Love the speedlines and always have.. Would even go so far as to say I'd rather have speedlines than the much vaunted BBS 301's.

that is some statment jim! then if you think about it with the speedlines you can park you car in tescos and not worry about anthing,have a stress free shop..happy days. when you roll on bbs splits you will always have in the back of my mind they wont be there when i get back!! i have some on my golf2 it stresses me out lol :)

Speedlines over RS301's? thats just crazy talk!

Si - you need something a bit more 'special' on the rado mate. Dont forget about the bumper.

Si - you need something a bit more 'special' on the rado mate. Dont forget about the bumper.

dude i know had no time this week doing a conversion and the deadline is getting close so having to put 9-5 hours in lol. can i call you 2mora morning and sort it out? you ok to answer at work?

Speedlines..... every - day - of - the - week.......and my god if only I had the spare spondolies for 16's - the perfect corrado wheel match IMO :grin:

IMG_3938.jpg

On my Solitudes

IMG_4171.jpg

But these are my favourites

I do like the Speedies, but for me, RX2's. Pain in the arse to clean and wondering if they're still gonna be there in the morning is an issue but they still make me warm inside when I see them!

Had my vr for ten years now so i still have the originals it came with but then wanted another set to refurb for shows/summer use which i did then another set came up for £40 so i had those too although one was beyond repair :? would like to make up a completely perfect set though as there are little things wrong with some of them but they are stil perfectly usable :grin:

Gotta agree with Jim too although it sounds insane to some i really do prefer the over anything else i've seen, even 301's but that doesn't mean i dont like them mind! i just think speedys look so damn good when they are nicely painted! 8)

I have 11 of em :lol: :luvlove: need more though!

yeah but do you have the center caps?? :D

Have 15 centre caps so yeah :lol: :tongue:

Speedlines are so common, Monte Carlos are a bit special :clap: :wave:036.JPG[/attachment:3p1u16lu]

Nonsense.. they stuck them on the MK3 Golf! Common as muck!! :D ;)

Lol! Nice price too dave, wonder who told you bout those :wink: :clap:

Lol! nice one Jim!

Had my vr for ten years now so i still have the originals it came with but then wanted another set to refurb for shows/summer use which i did then another set came up for £40 so i had those too although one was beyond repair :? would like to make up a completely perfect set though as there are little things wrong with some of them but they are stil perfectly usable :grin:

Gotta agree with Jim too although it sounds insane to some i really do prefer the over anything else i've seen, even 301's but that doesn't mean i dont like them mind! i just think speedys look so damn good when they are nicely painted! 8)

you speedline whore :D

I defo agree with Jim about the 301's......reconditioned speedies are perfect for the rado, however, kerbed and buggered speedies like mine arent so !! one day I will sort them out 8)

Phew. Glad I'm not totally on my own with my comment!

As Kip said, it's not like I dislike the 301's or anything - but - just for what they cost, and what the Speedlines cost, I still think they pack a hell of a punch visually and suit the Corrado so well.

I'll take that as a compliment Danny :lol: my work mates all laugh at me as they all drive VW's but they are all slammed as low as they can get away with and have different wheels every 6 bloody months! whats that all about :cuckoo: they are a bit younger though :lol: