Sign in to follow this  
Swompy

central locking is working again for no reason

When i brought my car the central locking with the key in the drivers door didnt work at all.

The handel was replaced years ago, before I got it and had a new locking barrel put in, so I had one key for the drivers door and one that does everything els in the car.

The central locking would work if I locked the car with my alarm fob or passengers door but had to lock the drivers door seperatly.

For some reson this morning when i got to work I locked the drivers door then hurd a noise i wasnt used too. It was the central locking pump locking all the locks :confused4:

so now I have a fully working central locking :clap:

Nope stopped working again now :(

They are strange creatures these Corrados :confused4: :brickwall:

The day it started working, was it frosty ?

I ask, as sometimes the pump internals get damp,but a frost sometimes dries it out !(only for a short time)

Once a year i dissassemble the pump,let it dry out somewhere warm,then give it a spray with a good water displacement oil (WD40)

Give it a try, you have nothing to lose

The day it started working, was it frosty ?

I ask, as sometimes the pump internals get damp,but a frost sometimes dries it out !(only for a short time)

Once a year i dissassemble the pump,let it dry out somewhere warm,then give it a spray with a good water displacement oil (WD40)

Give it a try, you have nothing to lose

Yes it was very frosty, will have to give that ago some point soon, but where would I find the pump?

In the right side of the boot,carefully pull the carpet down,you will see a padded box about 9" x 6" with a strap going over it,secured with a 10mm nut.Undo nut,remove strap,take top of "cover" off,unplug wires and vacuum pipe,

If i remember right,top of pump just unclips.Inside is a printed circuit board, this is what tends to get damp

Good luck

edit Toad beat me to it :wave:

In the boot, drivers side, it's in a big foam box.

Thanks Tom and Dragon green ( sorry dont know your realy name 8) )

Was just looking at the yellow bible for it and it wasnt very clear as to where.

Will give it a go whne I have chance :D

Thanks guys :salute:

mine went funny for a while, literally didnt work and I was sure I'd need a new pump. but its all fine now :cuckoo: :shrug:

Its strange as it wont work by key but will do if I arm the alarm :cuckoo:

Strange things these cars