MonkeyVR6

My new Corrado VR6 (Revell model with photos)

Was given this as a gift on Friday night. Well chuffed as its the same colour and has the same wheels as my car. My mate is going to paint the silver badge and the rubbing strip black so it'll be pretty much exactly the same as my car.

The detail is great, I've taken it out of the box now and have it on a shelf (sad I know!) in my living room. It details the underside of the car, under the bonnet, has tiny calipers on the brakes, the spoiler goes up and down. Got a few of them on offer near me for 30 Euros I'm told, can't seem to find anywhere on t'internet that has them in stock.

Excuse the lame camera-phone photos...

DSC00487.jpg

DSC00488.jpg

DSC00489.jpg

DSC00490.jpg

DSC00491.jpg

DSC00492.jpg

DSC00493.jpg

I painted mine blackberry and debadged the grill 8)

Can't seem to find the full size image but here's a very small one.

clone4.jpg

:shock: :shock:

I've seen them on American sites for $90 plus postage...

There are two more in my local shop (checked today) for 30 Euros each as I recall. Might be worth be buying them and flogging them on eBay as "scene" rare etc.

I've seen them on American sites for $90 plus postage...

There are two more in my local shop (checked today) for 30 Euros each as I recall. Might be worth be buying them and flogging them on eBay as "scene" rare etc.

You could say they've got the rare Karmann interior! :scratch:

They often come up on ebay or if you surf around places like grand prix legends (etc) i'm sure you'll find one. :grin: painted mine Black Magic too :wink:

Yeah very details and really nice models. On anyone elses model are the wheels wonkey when they spin and does one wheel catch the arches when turned either left or right lock? Thats the only problem ive found with them is the wonkey wheels, oh and the passenger headlight doesnt quite line up with the bonnet.

Im picky i know! :lol:

Rob - how did you do the badgeless grille and badge? Looks sweet mate. No plan to change the wheels?

Yeah very details and really nice models. On anyone elses model are the wheels wonkey when they spin and does one wheel catch the arches when turned either left or right lock? Thats the only problem ive found with them is the wonkey wheels, oh and the passenger headlight doesnt quite line up with the bonnet.

Rob - how did you do the badgeless grille and badge? Looks sweet mate. No plan to change the wheels?

oh dear mate... you might want to take it down to kwik fit to get the wheel alighnment done... :lol:

yeah, i find mine a bit unstable in the bends, i blame the plastic chassis and drivetrain :(

Don't think that the lack of any real suspension helps either :-(

oh dear mate... you might want to take it down to kwik fit to get the wheel alighnment done... :lol:[/quote:30575rcs]

:lol:

Mine broken :(

I did it ages ago with my uncle as he's well in to his scale modelling, mainly with tanks and he's fecking awesome at it!

IIRC the grill and lights were one unit with a chrome strip behind, all we did was cut off the badge and then cut some thin strips out of a modelling plastic sheet my uncle had, but I suppose just cardboard would do the trick! Then stuck them in place and painted them black to match. Was a piece of piss really.

I did it ages ago with my uncle as he's well in to his scale modelling, mainly with tanks and he's fecking awesome at it!

IIRC the grill and lights were one unit with a chrome strip behind, all we did was cut off the badge and then cut some thin strips out of a modelling plastic sheet my uncle had, but I suppose just cardboard would do the trick! Then stuck them in place and painted them black to match. Was a piece of piss really.

Could you put some more pics up?

Anyone know of where else one can be bought from? Missed the one on ebay.

My little 2yr old boy wants to get me one for christmas :help:

Could you put some more pics up?[/quote:1gk8ziw4]

Yeah I'll take some tonight if I remember :salute:

Anyone know of where else one can be bought from? Missed the one on ebay.

My little 2yr old boy wants to get me one for christmas :help:

I feel really awful now because it was me who bought it! :(

Ok I don't feel that awful, it is a Corrado after all :D

Although a little more expensive, there is this one for sale at the moment.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/REVELL-1-18-METAL ... 3a55888055