Sign in to follow this  
streetpreache47

heated mirrors

I found my driver side mirror clearing quickly when I had rear screen on. When I got out the mirror was warm - I am happy with this, and totally unaware that these were fitted (had the car 7 weeks now - It is 19 today!)

Were these fitted as standard or were they an extra? Also should the passenger mirror demist too?

Neither of my heated mirrors work. Where is the best place to get replacements from and approx how much are they?

Thanks

Matt

id check the wiring loom first... it may just need a little TLC to get going.

clean up the connections, check for wire damage etc. fixes most electrical problems :wink:

currently waiting for my 1992 g60 to be ready, was wondering if that will have these heated functions because my 1991 16v never had it :(

ive got a J reg G60 and ive got heated Washer jets and mirrors :grin:

currently waiting for my 1992 g60 to be ready, was wondering if that will have these heated functions because my 1991 16v never had it :(

ive got a J reg G60 and ive got heated Washer jets and mirrors :grin:

ahhh yusss mon the winter. :D

OK...Mine don't work at all... Any hints on what to check? I assume cables, connectors etc. Is it an independent fuse/relay?

What cables?

Well I worked out why the passenger mirror doesn't heat, it has been replaced by a non heated version, power supply is fine.

In other words

WANTED: Passenger side Heated mirror glass

Any ideas?

the heated glass is still available from vw about 50 quid, i have a drivers side one used,slight corrosion on the edge but heats ok, :)

Mine don't work either, but at 50 quid a pop I think I can live with wiping them before I get in the car with a bit of kitchen roll. :D