Sign in to follow this  
bananawhip

R888's are my new best friend

I'm going to contact my local registery office to see if it's legal to marry a tyre...

I had a puncture recently so whilst getting it sorted I thought I'd throw my R888's on the front which I've only ever used for 1/4 mile runs. Oh my God!

Even just on the front the grip is verging on comedy, Leaving my house and taking the sweeping bend on to the M25 has never been so much fun

My little demon in my head that keeps telling me to buy a cheap VW Sharan VR6 (purely as a fun car just to embarress boy racers), strip it out, drop it 60mm, fit Schimmels, and now it wants me to add R888's into the equation :)

Just wait till it rains.. I hear they're not quite as much fun then!

I've been thinking about R888's for a while now that my Corrado is only a sunny weather / weekend car but don't think they do them in the size I need for my 16" alloys :(

Yeah I'm waiting for that surprise, as I'm scrimping on buying an LSD I've gone from having no traction in the wet or dry to at least having it in the dry, roundabouts on a rainy day should be eventful though

I've been thinking about R888's for a while now that my Corrado is only a sunny weather / weekend car but don't think they do them in the size I need for my 16" alloys :(

What size tyres are you running Jim, Camskill seem to offer quite a few in 16"?

Ian.