Sign in to follow this  
raddo_tom

Corrado G60 on Top Gear!

I'd love to ask Jeremy now if he really does still think the lude is better looking than the Corrado.

C'mon now.

The Prelude really didnt age very well :pukeright:

You can always trust Tiff to abuse any car he drives, the guy is a tool.

tuff noodles does like to thrash the cars, but at least you know that he will take it to the limit and then give you an honest opinion, unlike clarkson who would describe the handling as "a weasel being greased with jam" or something equally daft and uninformative. :D

I've seen the Tiff vid before but not the Probe versus Calibra/Corrado/Prelude. Some good Clarkson lines about the Corrado being a £20k Ferrari and having the same kick as an expresso shot. Now if someone can uncover the Top Gear vid where they sent the last Corrado back to the VW Museum in Wolfsburg that would make my Xmas :D

Quite enjoyable to finally see a proper car review again, even Clarkson appeals :shock: compared to his current style.

Best of all in Tiff´s clip, of course the Rado parking next to the Mk1 Rocco, oh and the gorgeous G60 whine :luvlove:

Tempest

... and the gorgeous G60 whine :luvlove:

Tempest

Oh, is that what it is, thought you had a dodgy power steering pump eric :wink:

I never knew that about the rev limiter being that low. I'm guessing chipping it stops that?

yeah normally comes as part of the chip.

think the sns stage 5 puts the limiter at 11,000 rpm as apparently the back pressure from hitting it can make it go bang.

the 'modern classic' top gear one should keep the vr crew smiling though.

I never knew that about the rev limiter being that low. I'm guessing chipping it stops that?

yeah normally comes as part of the chip.

think the sns stage 5 puts the limiter at 11,000 rpm as apparently the back pressure from hitting it can make it go bang.

quote]

Ye I know with a 65mm you wouldn't want to go near the limiter, still suprised that the standard was that low

On the subject of rados on tv, I was watching Men and Motors top 100 most popular cars the other day. I only caught 60ish up to about 25 then the episode finished, not sure when the next one is (may have already gone). Any idea if the Corrado was in that? They had some right mediocre stuff like Honda Civic at about 40 :cuckoo: Plenty of footage of quirky classics like quattro, cossie and 300zx though :D

Watched Tiff throw the Corrado around and thought. "I thought I was near the limit, but shiiit" Need to find some wide open space to see how it does after all these (and mine) years.