Sign in to follow this  
skinnyman9000

Quick wiper fix

Now then. My wipers are pants, but i dont want the hassle and expense of TT/Lupo conversion, is there a cheaper alternative?

Im i likely to see an improvement by simply buying some new blades? Ive also heard that people have used a dremel on the plastic that the spring presses against to allow the spring to clamp the wipers harder against the windscreen, if that makes any sense at all to anywone :lol:

Cheers

Where the blade hinges there are two lobes, one on each side of the casting, that stop the arms from returning and cause the loss of pressure on the screen. If you lift up the wiper you'll see them. Dremel them down, I cut away until the lobe had disappeared, they're alloy by the way, not plastic and you are better taking the whole arm off to do it. Makes a difference.

the only quick fix cost about £120 its called audi tt wipers

i tried everything on the old ones and they are just cack

so stop messin get some tt wipers :D

£120 is a lot of dosh when you've dropped from 36K a year to zip through redundancy and relying on a pension and shit minimum wage working as a domestic in a care home to keep paying the mortgqge on a house you can't sell because of the recession. Horses for courses.

I certainly thing that it's worth removing a section from the arms. TBH my VR wipers are pretty good as standard, but I did upgrade the 16v to Lupo wipers.

the only quick fix cost about £120 its called audi tt wipers

i tried everything on the old ones and they are just cack

so stop messin get some tt wipers :D

Totally agree, best £95 (via Pat McCrotch) I've spent on the Corrado - Took about 10 mins to fit!!

Ian