Sign in to follow this  
Andy-H

Drivers window has stopped working

Hi Peeps,

Went out in the car yesterday and when I was trying to de-mist the car I tried to lower my window and...........nothing :mad2:

All I am getting is a "click " from somewhere in the rear of the car :confused4: and as I am a newbie to the whole Corrado thing, I was hoping one of you guys would be able to point me in the right direction as I have no idea :(

Thanks in advance,

Andy

The window control unit is behind the drivers side rear door card, that'll be the clicking, might be worth checking the contacts etc?

Hi again guys,

I am still at a loss with this :mad2: I have replaced the window module and ................nothing :(

When I press the switch, the moduls clicks but the window doesnt work. I have had the door card off and all the wires are in place.

Before it stopped working altogether, it would work after I'd pressed the switch a few times in both directions but now nothing. Would it be the motor that's packed up?? If so, is it a big job ??

Sorry but electrics aren't my strong point :help:

there are two wire that go to the motor,when you pull the door card off you will see them, disconnect them and put a multimeter across the two wires leading from the car wiring,it should read what ever your battery voltage would be, around 12-14volts when the switch is worked,it reverses voltage when it goes the opposite direction when you press the switch the opposite as before.

If you have the voltage there it will be the motor,if no power then it will be the wiring or control until situated behind the drivers side passenger panel trim.

The module behind the drivers side rear card is clicking and I have also changed this for a different one from raddo-tom.

The switch has some tape around the back of it but I think that is just to make it a better fit in the door card :scratch:

Andy

hey, I've the same problem in my car. I can hear the module clicking, but there's no juice on the window motor terminals. did you fix it? what was the problem?

thanks!!!!

When mine packed in it was the ropes which pull through the motor which had jammed, its a possability, i just WD40'd it and gave it a yank and it came free.