Sign in to follow this  
Tempest

US-Spec G60 Rado

Hi folks,

I'm new to this board, been hanging out on the SciroccoWorld board for some time (as I have 2 Roccos :shock: ), as well as various German Rado boards (through which I've been to 2 meets during the Xmas 2003 period).

Anyway, good to see a Rado-board in the UK as well, so time to show my Rado.

It's a US-Spec LHD white G60 with all the gubbins that US folk wanted as standard, i.e. cruise control, 3rd rear brake light, full electric kit, and the party gadget has gotta be those ELRAs (Elektrischer Rückhalteautomat), that's electric seatbelts to normal folks like me :lol:

A picture (1 of many in the meantime) won't go amiss.

corrado.jpg

Look forward to meeting some of you at some shows 8)

Cheers,

Tempest

fantastic! thats a lovely SLC you have mate...my mum owns a 1992 J plated black Scirroco scala...its absolutely minted.

I love the roccos...but i like the fatter lines of the rados. :lol:

Welcome anyway!

Sanjay.

dubbprince - it's not an SLC, it's a G60. :p

The SLC is the VR6 in the states.

Tempest: very nice looking motor, there m8. Cruise control: now there's something I wish my C had. Got everything else... ;)

Thanks for the replies, folks, and by "magic" I even managed to finally get into contact with another Radodriver who just lives around the corner from me. It's been bugging for some time that I couldn't get into touch, as I often saw the Rado parked out on the road.

Yup, the SLC was the VR6 US Rado, but only with the 2.8 litre engine.

love the roccos...but i like the fatter lines of the rados

Try a Mk1 Rieger Rocco ... :lol: : http://rocco.edat.co.uk, click on Tempest's Rocco :D

Cheers,

Tempest

Thanks for the replies, folks, and by "magic" I even managed to finally get into contact with another Radodriver who just lives around the corner from me. It's been bugging for some time that I couldn't get into touch, as I often saw the Rado parked out on the road

It was bugging me too mate. I was gonna ask on the 'corrado spotting' section but it never seems to get much feedback so i didn't bother :lol:

Again, very nice and unique car mate :)

whoops...Cheers Andi! i just thought all SLC's were just corrados with the extra's...didn't know they could have different engines... :oops:

i guess its just a US spec G60...so the super lux coupes need to have a VR6 engine to make them superior...hmm. :cry:

Tempest- still VERY nice...love the rocco too mate, its not everyday you get to see them out on the road, its a shame they stopped making them so early on.

Well that makes 3 of us in Coventry.

Frustratingly there do seem to be quite a few Corrado's in Coventry - a lad owns a black G60, and works at the Carphone Warehouse up in Canley just off the A45, though I haven't ever asked about it when i've gone in.

Also know of about 4 or 5 specific cars that I have seen driving around - red VR6 driven by an older guy, green storm used to park outside wallpaper warehouse up inbetween Coundon & Earlsdon, and a few more.

Need to try and raise a bit of forum awareness!! :)

Don't normally like white car's but that looks sweet :o wheels are nice what are they :?: (no offence white car people) :wink:

Frustratingly there do seem to be quite a few Corrado's in Coventry - a lad owns a black G60, and works at the Carphone Warehouse up in Canley just off the A45, though I haven't ever asked about it when i've gone in.

Not on, Jim! Gotta sort out those Rados and get them in here, and get some meets sorted in Coventry. an014.gif

wheels are nice what are they

BK 8J17s with 205/40R17 tyres.

Don't normally like white car's

Well I thought along the same lines, untill I realised that there aren't many white US G60 Rados around, most of them are this horrid (IMHO :D ) nugget yellow.

Tempest

Well I was treated to a demo of the automatic seatbelts in action tonight - very cool :)

Nice to meet you Tempest, and you too Jim, looking forward to next time when I've got a bit more time and a painted Corrado that isn't put to shame by yours!!!

I know this car well. Almost bought it off my mate who is a car dealer in Stonehaven and has a source in Germany for getting interesting cars like that. The seat belts are pretty trick 8) and it really suits those wheels.

I know this car well. Almost bought it off my mate who is a car dealer in Stonehaven and has a source in Germany for getting interesting cars like that. The seat belts are pretty trick 8) and it really suits those wheels.

ahhhh.......that'll explain the VSE ending of the number plate.............if its the same one you mean paul.......i remember seeing it about the aberdeen and peterhead area too.....about 2 years ago

ahhhh.......that'll explain the VSE ending of the number plate.............if its the same one you mean paul.......i remember seeing it about the aberdeen and peterhead area too.....about 2 years ago

Yeah Rodders, that'll be the same one. It was on standard wheels for a while then 5 spoke 17's (I think :?: ). It was brought over from Germany about 4 years ago and he ran it himself for a while.

Few more pics of Tempests G60... thread seemed a little bare with only one pic :)

ericrado1.jpg

ericrado2.jpg

Just for the record, some compression test results from Tempests G60 taken earlier today :

#1 : 11.1 bar

#2 : 10 bar

#3 : 11 bar

#4 : 11.8 bar

Oh, just bothered now to look into this thread again :roll: :oops:

Thanks for the extra piccies and posting the compression results, Jim.

Well why not, had nothing better to do than meet up and go to a pub, so I thought to give our little spontaneous Cov meet-up (didn't go to VW Northwest at Tatton Park in the end due to the bad weather looming on the horizon today :cry: ) a different twist, packed the compression tester and got our hands dirty a little and did a health check on Jim's and my Rado :D

Interesting stuff you know about my Rado, Paul and Rodders :shock: If you have any other stuff, let me know, as obviosuly I'd be VERY interested !! Did eiher of you know the previous owner at all? His name was Paul, too.

Tempest

Time for some new piccies, as my Rado is wearing new shoes :-)

The new alloys are Momo Arrows 16J7.5 with 205/45 tyres.

Tempest

Weird to see it on something other than the BK's Eric.. but looks good :) :D

Thanks again, Graeme, for selling me these wheels.

Whats do they feel like compared to the 17's?

I haven't taken the Rado out for a spin yet, and this probably won't happen either till the CCGB AGM this Sunday. Don't use my toy cars on weekdays in the daily commute ;-)

Tempest