Sign in to follow this  
philie

LOOK WHAT SOMEONE DID TO MY RADO(UPDATE P2)

OK my insurance company are basically telling me if I make this claim I loose 3 years no claims discount and that the claim will put up my premium to around 2000k.This is bad news but not the worst if I do go ahead with the claim no insurance company will insure me for a year,I am so pi**ed off I had 2 quotes on the damage for the car bought came in at 1600 euro so either way im screwed.

If any one has any advice on how to fix the damage for a more reasonable price please let me know any help is appreciated.Im takeing the rado offf the road for 6 months to try and get some funds together which is killing me I love this car what a bummer.

is it just the door? get a door off someone on here breaking a corrado and spray it... a door would cost you no more than £40? and getting it sprayed would cost no more than £100??

i think you could get it done mega cheap to be honest

edit: just seen your car is green, you might even be able to get a like for like panel to be honest, green is fairly common for a corrado, get the paint code out the boot and get searching!!

if the paint's not broken/cracked you may be able to get away with it from a PDR-type company. If it is (which i hope not) best bet, as mentioned in the thread, is to get a replacement door.

Yeah agree with the above, if its just the door there's no point going through the insurance. Are insurance companies taking 3 years no claims off people these days, not just 2... absolutely scandalous! :mad2:

Your right big ben get a door off here wonder how much to ship something like that to Ireland.Oh alredy asked a company that does cosmetic work on cars and said there is no way to beat it out to look 100%.

Yeah agree with the above, if its just the door there's no point going through the insurance. Are insurance companies taking 3 years no claims off people these days, not just 2... absolutely scandalous! :mad2:

They took 3 off me when my valver was written off by a hit and runner. :censored: I actually had 7 NCB years, tho they classed it as 5, and they took me down to 2. So in actuality I lost 5 years NCB.

Double :censored: the petty little :hitler:

What! they took 5 .... sheesh....

I always think (maybe naively), that they should take only 1 year for every accident you have. :?

Needless to say I was super-p*ssed off. I've never had an accident or even a speeding ticket, yet some twonk in a 4x4 demolishes my boot, drives off, writes off my car and I lose out! The insurance company said you can only have a maximum of 5 years, depsite me having 7, so when they wrote it off they took it off the 5. And there was nothing I could do as their system was unable to acknoweldge me having any more NCB than 5. I'm not insured with them anymore.

My insurance was over a grand last year because of that. This year its only 800, so its going down, but its still a feck load of money to be paying, especially on my wages! :ignore:

What! they took 5 .... sheesh....

I always think (maybe naively), that they should take only 1 year for every accident you have. :?

Needless to say I was super-p*ssed off. I've never had an accident or even a speeding ticket, yet some twonk in a 4x4 demolishes my boot, drives off, writes off my car and I lose out! The insurance company said you can only have a maximum of 5 years, depsite me having 7, so when they wrote it off they took it off the 5. And there was nothing I could do as their system was unable to acknoweldge me having any more NCB than 5. I'm not insured with them anymore.

My insurance was over a grand last year because of that. This year its only 800, so its going down, but its still a feck load of money to be paying, especially on my wages! :ignore:[/quote:1eopwmcx]

how old are you? that seems like a hell of allot of money... do you have a storm or a regular VR6? i was paying £650 fully comp wth 4 yrs no claims and speeding tickets... :scratch:

how old are you? that seems like a hell of allot of money... do you have a storm or a regular VR6? i was paying £650 fully comp wth 4 yrs no claims and speeding tickets... :scratch:

31, check my sig for spec. Far from standard....i also had a window and stereo claim about 2 months before it was written off, scrotes smashed drivers window and boot, stole my subs and amp.

31, check my sig for spec. Far from standard....i also had a window and stereo claim about 2 months before it was written off, scrotes smashed drivers window and boot, stole my subs and amp.[/quote:bm92d612]

Know how you feel man dam insurance companies.

That is actually the case in regards to NCB. 5 is the max you can have, which is silly imo and doesnt help the fact that they can take 2-3 years off that 5. Its just a way of them making more cash. Robbing :censored:

Get Dentmaster or Dent devils or one of these type of paintless dent removal companies to do it.

Will cost about £50-£60 to pop that out :)

That is actually the case in regards to NCB. 5 is the max you can have, which is silly imo and doesnt help the fact that they can take 2-3 years off that 5. Its just a way of them making more cash. Robbing :censored:

"Protected" NCB is the way forward! I can do 2 claims in 3 years without losing my (15+yrs) NCB...

"Protected" NCB is the way forward! I can do 2 claims in 3 years without losing my (15+yrs) NCB...

It is, but that in itself costs a fortune doesnt it? Plus you cant protect them until you get full no claims and since i had an accident a couple of years ago that put me back down to 3 years so i'll have to wait another year - been a year without driving the car too.

It is, but that in itself costs a fortune doesnt it? Plus you cant protect them until you get full no claims and since i had an accident a couple of years ago that put me back down to 3 years so i'll have to wait another year - been a year without driving the car too.[/quote:1j1v31sm]

Only cost me about £30 and can be protected from 3yrs up! They just don't tell you that, esp if you have had a claim in past 5 yrs... as it costs them money...

As you say GOD DAM INSURANCE COMPANYS!!!! :censored: I have never had a claim in 15 years and i am looking to buy a daily drive, so the insurance want me to start with zero no claims bonus on the second car!!! :censored: I say why cant i use some of the no claim free years i have spare??? Its always win win with them F*****S

As you say GOD DAM INSURANCE COMPANYS!!!! :censored: I have never had a claim in 15 years and i am looking to buy a daily drive, so the insurance want me to start with zero no claims bonus on the second car!!! :censored: I say why cant i use some of the no claim free years i have spare??? Its always win win with them F*****S

THreaten to cancel your policy... did that with mine (HIC) when we got the mk3-Anni.. went through to cancellation dept explained why I was cancelling the Rado's insurance early...and mystically they could offer me "a new policy bonus" of equivalent of 5yrs NCB.. bringing the price down from over £500 to about £250 for me and the missus...

THreaten to cancel your policy... did that with mine (HIC) when we got the mk3-Anni.. went through to cancellation dept explained why I was cancelling the Rado's insurance early...and mystically they could offer me "a new policy bonus" of equivalent of 5yrs NCB.. bringing the price down from over £500 to about £250 for me and the missus...

I am with chris knott with the rado, i only want a little 1.0 or 1.4 to run round around in and leave the corrado in the garage for good days! Its in there interest to qoute me happy knowing the corrado is off the road IMO, They want more for the polo to insure than the corrado :cuckoo: abso-lute-ley bonkers!!!

Sorry for stealing the topic

Get Dentmaster or Dent devils or one of these type of paintless dent removal companies to do it.

Will cost about £50-£60 to pop that out :)

Yea tried a guy here in Dublin dial a dent he told me the samething it needs a door.Im going out with a plunger sto see what I can lol il post up how well it looks after.