GVK

GVK's mk2 Golf VR6 'mit GT3582R turbolader'

Easily 12s for a man of your experience....

Jim Potter on the VR60C pulled a 12.54 in his home build MK3 VRT @ 1.3 bar, so you'll be into the 11s I reckon, providing you can put the grunt down.....

Stealth racing yesterday for CGTI dyno shoot out.

Car did 210hp 188lb/ft but it's got a serious breathing issue/oil leak as under load it's smoking out of the breather and poss leaking on manifold.

Car was used during the day to demonstrate boat anchor power down the Banbury road and on the way back from pub at Fenny Com...pton, stopped for phone call and the cnuting fuel pump seized leaving me stranded.

Adlai, (toyotec on cgti) came back to the rescue and tried to help me sort it on road side proving out fuel pump feed/ground to diagnose fault, pump seized so called the AA and got towed back home.

That pump has sounded like a circular saw for about 8 years so finally given up the ghost :epicfail:

Car is stripped ready for it's 4yr re-fit.

That's right, the boat anchor is in dry dock :grin:

28514_402093729817_642449817_4461284_5749339_n.jpg

'box stripping to fit 3.3 FD and diff bearings, they are slacker than a dick in a shirt sleeve :lol:

cant wait to see what this is capable of!

You and me both - we're taking it to Bruntingthorpe and attempting to do over 180mph within 2miles, when it's done :cuckoo:

3.39 diff gives 23.5mph per 1000rpm in top gear, so 164.5mph @ 7000rpm.

7500rpm plus a strong prevailing wind might top 180 :D As he's running 268 cams and 1.06 housing, it should have the legs to pull that. Just depends how much of a problem the MK2s aerodynamics become past 150. What's the fastest MK2 on record and how much hp did it have?

Good stuff Gary. Did you see the Texas Mile MK3 VRT? 208mph and 10.11 @ 148 1/4. That runs 288 cams, 3.39 crown wheel and a taller .795 5th, oh and the small matter of over 8000rpm :D

Kev, James Hodson (sub11 motorsport) has done 179.9 at Brunters.

Mk2 1.8T IHI 360hp + Nitrous (not sure if nitrous used on run)

He's running VR6 CCM gears in 4cyl case 205/50x15

Not sure what rpm.

"Einspritdeuse 630ccm" :wink:

There's a Tigra that's done 181, fook knows whats in that :eek:

Mark Gunn's Corrado has done 180.8

Plenty to go at :eek: :eek:

Is it an orangish bronze colour with the front end being just a massive intercooler?

yeah, that's a big turbo job. Read about it in Redline, think it's over 500 horse IIRC.....in a Tigra :cuckoo: :lol:

Is it an orangish bronze colour with the front end being just a massive intercooler?

yeah, that's a big turbo job. Read about it in Redline, think it's over 500 horse IIRC.....in a Tigra :cuckoo: :lol:

Better than a Corsa! Mark Gunn's Corrado is awesome, saw it at the Pod last year. Fast as fook.

I await more videos showing turbo malarkey. :D

7500rpm plus a strong prevailing wind might top 180 :D As he's running 268 cams and 1.06 housing, it should have the legs to pull that. Just depends how much of a problem the MK2s aerodynamics become past 150. What's the fastest MK2 on record and how much hp did it have?

Good stuff Gary. Did you see the Texas Mile MK3 VRT? 208mph and 10.11 @ 148 1/4. That runs 288 cams, 3.39 crown wheel and a taller .795 5th, oh and the small matter of over 8000rpm :D

It'll be no problem on the Autobahn en route to the 'ring, but I want to do it at Brunters with proper GPS timing.

2 miles runway, can get a run up coming round the hairpin on 3 or 2 wheels (lol) at about 80ish :grin:

We took our 16vs there in 2005, brilliant day... 7000rpm in 5th with my 2.0 9A 16v 132mph GPS :D

We made the cover of Golf+ :)

Kev, do you have any links to the Texas mile VRT?

I heard about it, interested in seeing it.

What tyre size? I'm only running 195/50x15 Kumho V700 semi-slicks ,they are slightly taller than a regular 195/50 road tyre.

Might have to put 17s on it for this.. :norty: