Sign in to follow this  
vagingit.co.uk

The new (old) G60

well, weve had quite a love affair wih the Corrrado over the last couple of years. It all started with this:

DSC00127.jpg

My mint 77k valver, apart from a dent, was spotless and great fun to drive, but was sadly taken away from me after just a month of ownership, and couldve killed me in the process, ended up like this:

rearended.jpg

was scraping ice from the back window outside my house, when an idiot on his phone (couldnt be proved) drove into the back of it, whilst I was standing there, you can in fact see where my legs were at time of impact.

then got an early spec, non-sunroof tornado red valver for my other half, she loved it, but was costing a lot to run, as kept having niggly problems, you may have seen it for sale with pinking issues, and after ploughing so much cash into it, we decided enough was enough, and got rid 2 weeks ago. Looked like this though:

IMG_2495.jpg

IMG_2488.jpg

IMG_2489.jpg

so, the hut was on,long before the red one went up for sale,and after looking at a few ropey examples, I stumbled across an old advert on here from Shaung60. We werent after a g60 initially, but after looking into her insurance, found out it will only be another £80 a year, and being her daily driver, insurance was very important. Shaun ws a pleasure to deal with, letting me go and have a look round it without out him being at home, even leaving it un-alarmed and un-locked for us. We decided the car was a good'un, and was very very honestly described, so phoned Shaun that evening to ask if we can come back the following day and drive her. So we all jumped into the red valver, and went to take a drive in the G, the sound sold it for us, and despite a strange rattle on test drive (turned out to be one missing bolt on the alternator, so it was moving about), drove very very well.

Here it how it looked when we first viewed it, Shaun wanted to keep the BBS splits though

IMG_2497.jpg

IMG_2496.jpg

so we managed to source another set of wheels,a set of 16" Borbet C's which Shaun even fitted for us, and we went way very happy, the other half i in love with this car, more so than the red valver when she bought it.

as soon as we got it home, booked it into the garage for a general check over, cambelt, alternator belt etc, and to sort the alternator rattle out. picked the car up, and was given a full bill of health, apart from the fact it had a boost leak from one of the boost pipes which wasnt on properly, so the drive home was fantastic, this thing absolutely flies, and the sound is something else. The plans are to not do a lot more really, get a area of rust on the rear arch sorted, and then maybe a chip and pulley and RSR outlet in the future, but apart from that, its such a nice and tight car to drive, so thanks Shaun, she is over the moon with the G

She is virtually standard, apart from being lowered on a set of Bilstein Shocks and Apex springs, and a full Miltek stainless exhaust, which I really rate (yes Shaun, it is a Miltek, its faintly engraved on the tailpipe and underneath, found this ut when it was in the air)

Heres how she stands after a good polish,sealant and wax:

IMG_2552.jpg

IMG_2556.jpg

IMG_2554.jpg

IMG_2555.jpg

IMG_2560.jpg

IMG_2558.jpg

IMG_2559.jpg

IMG_2562.jpg

omg your legs!!!!!

nice ride :) liking the lights and wheels, and black is best :)

Very clean G60!

Think a bonnet bra would look quite good on it as it is.

I do actually have a autobra bonnet bra in the garage, may have to try it on (the car, not me)

Good find! I have had 2 Raddo's, and the time between owning was boring! My other half loves my ride as well! That makes it easy to get upgrades and what not!! Have fun!!!!! Can I DRIVE IT? I have never drivin a R side car before!!

Really like it, looks sooooo much better on the Borbets! Paint looks great also, black G60 doesn't get much better!

.....so thanks Shaun, she is over the moon with the G

:cheers: No problem. I'm pleased that she has gone to somebody who will look after her.

Very clean G60!

Think a bonnet bra would look quite good on it as it is.

I do actually have a autobra bonnet bra in the garage, may have to try it on (the car, not me)

If you throw it on take a couple pics. :thumb right:

i have just fallen in love with that look, amazing :luvlove: :luvlove: :luvlove:

the wheels suit it perfectly!!!!!!!!