Sign in to follow this  
coullstar

Best place for 288mm track pads

Might be doing a trackday at the start of Feb which has given me the impotence to get my brakes fitted. Was looking at pads and some seem to like EBC red stuff whilst others say Ferodo DS2500.

Where is the best place to order these from? Im leaning toward the Ferodo's at the momet.

I'm about to swap my 280mm's for 288's and will be going for DS2500.

I have Mintex on at the moment and am not impressed - nothing wrong with 'em, but nowhere near as good as the DS2000 pads I had on before.

Not sure yet where to source them, tho.

I fitted red stuff last year for the couple of trips I did to the 'Ring and they were faultless, got them from a company called CRN along with there own 288mm multi-groove discs, they're always open to talking about price and I wouldn't go anywhere else

They were green Karl but I do have some MKV R32 Reds somewhere I think...

If you do DS2500 then give Bill Brockbank (Badger5) a call - I think they are about £125

Doesnt look like yellow EBC are available for the 288's. Are the reds any good as there seems to be some people with issue of them breaking up?

ive got them on mine (red stuff) good pad when warm bit sketcey first thing but if its for track use you should have no probs

i've done the nurburgring and several sessions at castle combe on them in a year and a half and haven't had any issues. i think you'd have to be absolutely killing them for them to start breaking up so unless you're planning on going round for hours without a break i think you'll be pleased with them.

hth!

dont bother with ebc or ferodo. the ferodo pads are alright but the ebc pads are poo

get some pagid yellow rs29's or even better get the pagid grey's if they are available for the 288's

ferodo were fine for me, really made a massive difference from the cheap poop that someone else put it in there before me.

pagid are supposed to be pretty god damn good though, ill agree there 20vturbo

Im using Pagid FR at the moment and do like them. Used them before on the track as well on the Mk3 VR and they were fine. Not sure Im going on the track now as Ive got a few things on in Feb and once the bike racing starts the car takes a back seat. Probably be snowing anyway :lol:

I wanted to try Mintex 1144s but they are unavailable in that pattern, so currently rocking some mk4 4Motion VW pad, which seems very good.

Doesnt look like yellow EBC are available for the 288's. Are the reds any good as there seems to be some people with issue of them breaking up?

Yes they are, as I said earlier in the thread..... ring Bob Sketchley @ EBC :grin:

Money no object the Pagid RS race pads are THE best I've ever used ( yellow rs-29)

But so they should be at £150-200 a set :cuckoo:

there not that dear considering the abuse they take, the amount of braking force they have and they last forever

braking is the one area of a car i definitely dont skimp on

my brother and i also have them on our road cars aswell and they work great on a daily driver

I've used them too they are fantastic, but was gutted when a front hub nut came loose at Silverstone, wearing them to a wedge, only fit for the bin. :censored:

Not even 2 trackdays. :pale:

Who stocks the Pagid RS in the UK now, the supplier I used doesn't have them listed anymore.

get some pagid yellow rs29's or even better get the pagid grey's if they are available for the 288's

The RS15 is the best pad I've used to date. Acceptable cold bite, but incredible when hot, and doesn't destroy wheel laquer like the DS3000 does.

Tried my new '288' set up at Rockingham on Saturday using EBC yellows. (DP41330 fitment. mk4 4 motion fitment pads)

288ishleft.jpg

Thumbs up from me. Nice improvent over the 280s.

Mmm, 4motions are all 312mm I thought. Are the 312 pads on 288 discs or do the 312's use the same pads as the 288's? :confused4: