Sign in to follow this  
PRANA666

FROZEN MY G60

you have to be on your way to an MOT if you're just running normal plates - the law allows that no matter what plate you've got on. (and will obviously allow you to do that without tax too as you need to have an MOT to get tax). the only thing you need i insurance.

if you're running trade plates then afaik you can drive anthing, anywhere - what would be the point in trade plates otherwise?!?

Trade plates and trade insurance are different, iirc you can drive a car with no MOT on them but you must check the car over 1st

you have to be on your way to an MOT if you're just running normal plates - the law allows that no matter what plate you've got on. (and will obviously allow you to do that without tax too as you need to have an MOT to get tax). the only thing you need i insurance.

if you're running trade plates then afaik you can drive anthing, anywhere - what would be the point in trade plates otherwise?!?

I see what your saying, and i wouldnt want this guy to be driving on his mates trade plates, thinking he's legal. When he's not.

You simply cant drive anything in any condition it has to have or be on its way for an mot (just like regular plates). The point of trade plates is simply to cover a vehicles tax and insurance,

as it is the plate number that you insure and carries the tax....it just means traders dont have to apply for tax and take out separate insurance for every car. It must still be roadworthy.

Otherwise you could drive a smoking old shed of a vehicle with four bald tires and no windscreen! :nuts:

Not staring an argument or owt!! But our company uses them and thats the deal....sure it'll be on the DVLAs site.

I really do note get the topic of this thread. FROZEN MY G60? what this means? Your G60 is frozen like and or it is stuck in the garage and cannot be used anymore..

I really do note get the topic of this thread. FROZEN MY G60? what this means? Your G60 is frozen like and or it is stuck in the garage and cannot be used anymore..

It means that during last winter the car was left outside without enough anti-freeze in the coolant system, it got very cold outside and froze the water in the pipes of the coolant system.

just read the first post :lol: