Sign in to follow this  
A5 VRX

How to remove washer bottle?

How do you remove the washer fluid bottle on a VR6, needs taking off and cleaning inside as its really filthy!

Cheers

Adam

Is there not a plastic tab held down by a a plastic nut you need to do undo first? before lifting up the res. Located down the side of the power steering bottle I think

• Like 1

Yes there is a small plastic 10mm nut to undo which is easy enough to get to, I found that sliding the power steering reservoir out of the way helped things. You got another VR now then Adam?

• Like 1

Yes Bud, picked it up last night, just fancy getting the bay tidy and looking good, might have to do the mk4 res like you've done, looks good Tom

Glad to hear you've got another one, will keep an eye out for you! LA9V too, awesome colour, I had a Polo GT in the same. The Mk4 tank is a very worthwhile upgrade, so cheap too.

Yes there is a small plastic 10mm nut to undo which is easy enough to get to, I found that sliding the power steering reservoir out of the way helped things. You got another VR now then Adam?

hmm better find a replacement 10mm plastic nut for mine then as mine just slides up has done for the last 10 years

sorry fella did not know it had one