Sign in to follow this  
lilfuzzer

vr6 battery?

It uses AGM (absorbent glass mat) technology, instead of lead acid. I really rate it, before with my other battery if i left the car for a week and half it would not start. I left this for nearly 4 weeks and it started first time.

Same as Optima and Odyssey etc. Great thing about these type of battery is they can be fitted anywhere and at any orientation as there's no risk of fluid leakage and no gassing ventilation requirements. I have an Odyssey 45AH under my arm rest and it out guns my VAG (Varta) 75AH Lead Acid easily....

Blue (43) 72Ah, 680A cold crank - £80.00 - http://www.advancedbatterysupplies

ooooffffffffffff £62.42 inc VAT from my local Disty for same battery as i bought one friday past

Try your local Auto Factors you'll be suprised at pricing

Good to know - I always check online prices before I check 'real' places to make sure I don't stitch myself up either way!!

AGM batteries are great but not cheap! Get's what you pay for do - but they actually last any longer though? I usually have no probs starting, til the battery just dies and then usually they then won't hold a charge for more than 30 mins!

Last one charged overnight, started the C fine and after the 20 minute drive to my auto factor wouldn't start it again so changed it in the carpark.

check out brand such as:

oddessy

stinger

nsb

optima - make sure you get one which is a starter battery not just deep cycle

what im in the middle of doing it 2 optimas - one red top and one yellow top both getting hidden in the boot. optimas are overall a quality product but a little pricey