Sign in to follow this  
OSV

Increased Corrado activity?

i still think that if you want to buy a car to sell in 10 years or so, the oak green 16v has got to be a good one... as is a standard storm/campaign rado...

im sure a monza blue one wouldnt be far off the money though as well... mmmmmmm fancy buying one now :lol:

Yup - PH is down to 38 C's.

About 9 months ago, when Merod's 58k minter was on, I recall about 60 C's on PH.

About 18 months ago there were well over 100 on.

There's been quite a few broken and sold through CF too!

it has been about 30-40 on PH for around a year now, i look on there fairly often... i havent drove past a corrado for a long time either

Personally I'd take an E plate (post 1/4 light) Monza blue ...

Is that the bright/lightish metallic blue?, one of my favourites in small bumpers, with the open air ducts in the front spoiler, they just looked spot on, standard 16v ride height too.

Yep, that's the one! The only VW I ever REALLY wanted when I was young and couldn't afford one.....

Standardish and clean one on ebay - http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1987-VW-Mk2-Golf- ... 3efa67a4d1

Not standard, but looking sweet all the same....LD5Y.jpg

The small bumper valvers always looked the proper Mac Daddys to me. The run out big bumpers weren't made as well (I've owned both smallies and biggies) and they just looked tamer, less aggressive.....

Big Ben - I bow to your superior memory!

Point is the No for sale on PH has decreased significantly over 2 years, suggesting increase of demand over supply. Possibly No has stagnated, owing to recession for last 12 months?

Stop it!!!!! Im a small bumper big window man myself. Oh hell it looks like the Corrado's paint is staying a bit shabby for while longer!!!

Standardish and clean one on ebay - http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1987-VW-Mk2-Golf- ... 3efa67a4d1

quote]

I'm potentially going to have a look at this - I'm interested as it seems pretty straight, on coilovers, stainless exhaust, awesome colour. Some ronal turbos / RM's would finish it right off......

Its on PH for £3k (untaxed no stereo) - I've lost track with mk2 prices so does this seem about right ???

There's a guy on our local VW forum who's bought a white E reg mk2 8v gti with 34k on it! This looks like showroom condition without a doubt, even shiny white paint inside the arches!

I think he bought it early 09 for roughly £3500. What an investment. I've seen similar mileage ones go for £5-6k recently.

monza blue was very nice, oak green was ok but everyone just raved on about them to the point i got sick of them, but my favourite mk2 colour was atlas grey 8)

IF i get the 530i, i will be getting a mk2 golf for general daily duties, and a mate has a lovely white mk2 16v he will be selling soon at mates rates.

Hey guys - I have just recently joined this forum (although I have reviewed it in previous years). Been a 1990 1.8 16v Corrado (Pearlescent Blue) owner since 1997. However for the last six years (after getting married and having kids) I've had it on and off the road (mostly off the road with SORN for the last 2 years sitting in my drive).

Last week I bit the bullet (after much umming and arring) and decided to sell it. So have MOT'd and waiting for March 1st to tax it. However, having read this thread about increased Corrado activity and the fact that there has been a price crash - I have decided to keep it and drive it for at least the 12 months.

Thanks for the insipration guys - and yes i agree with Yandards point - long termers go through highs and lows. I know it has crossed my mind at least once a month or everytime I gaze at my little baby.

Looking forward to the next 12 months - will introduce the kids to the Rado!

Only question is what kinda service am I going to need after 2 years of stand still out on my drive??