Sign in to follow this  
colsy

Mounting bracket for Eaton M45 onto PG block

Hi all,

I intend to put a Eaton M45 from the MINI onto the PG block (I know some people think the M45 is a little small, but the M62 shares the same mounting holes so if the M45 isn't suitable I can upgrade), I was wondering if those that have done it in the past made a drawing for the bracket? saves me measuring up and doing one. Has to be a M45 for the mini though, as I know BMW had eaton manufacture M45's to BMW spec's. any other info people have about the conversion is also most welcome!!

Cheers,

Col.

Dunno,but i have got a compleat mounting kit i got ages ago that i never fitted,can you use it?,save you pratting around

measuring bits,the base of the thing is a G60 aluminium mounting bracket.

Let me know and i'll post up some photos.

Cheers.

Hiya VEEDUBBED,

Do I understand you right - you have a G60 supercharger bracket modified to fit a Eaton M45 supercharger? if so, pictures would be great, I could modify my G60 bracket in a similar way.

Cheers,

Col.

Hello

I've corrado G60 with eaton M45 with smaller pulley, 68mm without 81(from mercedes-benz 200 kompressor), but it doesn't goes fast, it's like stock 1.8l without kompressor and someone knows why it can be like that? how much bar has the stock eaton M45?

I've corrado G60 with eaton M45 with smaller pulley, 68mm without 81(from mercedes-benz 200 kompressor), but it doesn't goes fast, it's like stock 1.8l without kompressor and someone knows why it can be like that? how much bar has the stock eaton M45?

can anyone answer on my question??

"I've corrado G60 with eaton M45 with smaller pulley, 68mm without 81(from mercedes-benz 200 kompressor), but it doesn't goes fast, it's like stock 1.8l without kompressor and someone knows why it can be like that? how much bar has the stock eaton M45?"

can anyone answer on my question??

"I've corrado G60 with eaton M45 with smaller pulley, 68mm without 81(from mercedes-benz 200 kompressor), but it doesn't goes fast, it's like stock 1.8l without kompressor and someone knows why it can be like that? how much bar has the stock eaton M45?"

don't know but how much boost is the m45 putting out?

Maybe satrt your own thread in the 8v forced induction thread save hijacking this one and upsetting the Op. :)

Hi VEEDUBBED,

did you manage to take any pic's of your baracket?

Luka_brazi,

using the stock G60 crank pulley, you need to use a 58mm pulley on the supercharger, this will ensure your charger is spinning slightly more than x2 engine speed, not sure how fast the supercharger spins on the mercedes, but on the MINI, it's max of just over 15000 RPM, which the M45 can cope with...with the 58mm pulley, you will be supplying approximatley x1.92 more air than the G60 engine needs...on the MINI the charger is supplying x2 more air than the engine needs, this equates to around 11psi of boost, therefore I would take a guess that with a 58mm pulley on the M45 used on a G60 engine will give you between 9-10psi of boost, so slightly less than with the G-ladder charger.

Hope this helps.

Col.

Hey VEEDUBBED iam standing with the same problem as colsy. and i would relly like to se som photos too. That would be a big help :)

PIKKEMAND, I have designed a beaket to fit the PG block, it's In manufacture at the moment, I will post some of my CAD models up for you to look a when I get chance, and when there made, I'll fit to my engine to prove they fit, then maybe I can supply you drawings.

Col.

Col ya cracking on wi the rocco? I've heard you got a new toy aswell?? I need to come over Cuni soon n see the lads, been time.

Hiya mate, don't know u wer on here!! Yea, got a 350z, after an evo tho now! Still moving with the rocco, albeit slowly!! Yea, avn't seen u since last summer I don't think.

Haha perksy was tellin me bout the new car last night, took me mate down the dealers for a evo10 awhile ago, we went out to work in brid a few times mint loadsa fun being a passenger on the country lanes, he wunt let me drive it to see how fun they are to drive on the lanes.

$hit,i forgot about the photos...,i'm going down now to change the rear bushs on the back axle

so i'll snap a few of the whole kit.