Sign in to follow this  
OllieVR6

Slow flashing indicators

Bit weird this one. I just charged the battery as I haven't used the car for a year, got it in the garage whilst I prep it for an MOT. Thought I would check all the bulbs so I popped the hazard lights on, but the lights were flashing really slow, maybe twice a minute.

What is strange is that the longer I left them on, the faster they flashed, until they were flashing almost normally after about 5 minutes, although I'm sure they were flashing slower than they should. Any ideas what could be causing this? Is it just a gremlin due to the cold weather, seems a bit odd? I'll have another look tonight to see if if the same thing happens.

Cheers guys! Probably a daft question, but not really knowing anything about relays, are they all the same? Is there another one in the car I try to test it, or can I 'borrow' one from my other car (not a Corrado)?

The flash fast when a bulb is out because of the low resistance on that circuit.

Could be an incorrect bulb but as they seemed to get faster then I think it's a battery or alternator issue - may have just been charging still.