Sign in to follow this  
Flexso

Isnt insurance a pain!!! vr6 might have to go

I'm paying just over £400 a year, 25 years old with 6 years no claims protected. Car is kept on the drive but i do have a town centre postcode which pushes the price up i think. Thats with adrian flux, think i got a discount for being a club member.

m :mmm. when i first got vr i was with adrian flux they recomended classic ins ,but you cant build noclaims on that :( when i was quoted this time they have come up with a way to build no claims

Don't be fooled - I don't think there's any magic age. I was getting some stupid quotes on my old valver when I came to renew this time last year and I'm 28 with 9 years no claims ffs.. with insurance it always seems that the goal posts move.. so if you get to 25, then the magic age is 30. If you've got 3 years no claims, the magic amount is 6 years. There's no magic age or amount - it's all just bull$hit!

Agreed the goal posts always change. I think the groupings need to reassessed. Come on 1.8 16v in a group 17. Yes in the day they were the dogs doodahs but its not like they are the fastest car in the world.

I hate insurance - but maybe thats because I worked in insurance for a while. A Rip off product for when it comes to the crunch usually can't help you the way you need them to.

Rant over! :lol:

Don't forget Adrian Flux are just a broker so they don't hike the policy prices, although they will charge £25 admin unless they have to scrub it to get your premium under the competition, they've had to scrub it 3 years on the trot for me!!! 8)

Right Direct line are coming up with a barely monthly payment totalling £556 approx for the year.

Really nice guys at Adrian flux but they couldnt beat it. Im gonna try a few other but have already called admiral to give them the boot

Try Brentacre. Always been the cheapest for me, plus they don't charge an admin fee when you make changes to your policy, like Flux and HIC, who are in fact the same company.....

I've got my VR on an admiral multi car policy. I'm 25 and got a quote with 0 years no claims, but they gave me 3 when I called and said I had been driving as a named driver. My other car is a Clio 1.2 16v and I have 3 points for speeding, all declared. My insurance this year is going to cost me about £800 fully comp for both cars, the VR costing £500 and the Clio £300 but to put that into perspective, all other quotes for just the VR alone were well over a grand (most places wouldn't insure me at all). Admiral will apparently try to sting me next year on the multicar but I'll worry about that next year.

Just got my renewal in from eSure and it states that I have got 12 years no claims bonus. This entitles me to 75% discount. Looking through the rest of th guff you also get 75% for 5 years. The difference is if I have an accident. After 1 accident my discount only drops to 72%, 2 accidents in the period to 65%. Upshot of the whole jingbang is my premium is £173 plus £25 legal cover with £100 excess. It appears that different companies have very differnt rules. Another bonus I found was that when I was rear ended the replacement car was "of a similar type and class as the insured's." I was given a Bora 1.9 TDI instead of the usual marked Fiesta that the repairers normally supplied. I'll add that that was in 2000. Quite happy to remain with them.

There's no such thing to 12 years no claims as far as the insurance companies are worth. Its a max of 5 years. So you will still have 5 years NCB. So if you were to have an accident you would be down to say 4 or 3 years NCB - all BS i know, but thats how the insurance companies work.

As I mentioned in my post, although they credit me with 12 years, the discount is still only 75%, which is the same as for 5 years. I am old enough to see through the NCB bullshit.

What used to amuse me was that I, at one time recieved an additional discount for being a Fire Brigade driver which meant, in effect, that because I drove a large red thing with an oversized engine like a maniac they gave me more off.