V33DUB

Golf MK3 Wiper Motor

Anyone know if the Golf MK3 wiper motor will fit my 8v? Or the makers of the correct motor so I can buy direct or from another source for less than the dealers price? Appreciated

Most of the MK3/MK4 motors are physically the same, but the only gotcha is the vehicle specific wiring / plugs unfortunately. Unless you can strip the two and make one good one from them?

Not sure mate, I've only ever used a genuine one.

I forgot to mention that I bought a new motor from VAG recently (think it was just over £100 with discount IIRC) and the one they gave me had the wrong plug on it, so even Corrado ones can vary it seems!!

I replaced it because my wipers would slow down at motorways speeds (very noticably) and when there wasn't much water on the screen. They would also park at different angles each time, never back to the proper rest position unless the screen was soaking wet.

The new motor has transformed them. Proper modern car speed and consistency, no slowing down at speed and they always park in the same place :D

Indeed I am mate. I think because the TT arms press the blades onto the screen harder, the original tired motor struggled a bit.

My wiper motor is also slow at times, tho with the use of Rainex I dont have to use it that often when up to speed.

But I was wondering about having the motor rewound. Anyone done that ?

It's only an electric motor after all, surely ??

was thinking the same myself, although for the cost and hassle I'm not sure how much a rebuild would end up being compared to buying a new one? Would you not need bearings and brushes sourced/replaced too?

I've just bought one off a well known auction site.It was a shop PW Europarts or some such.If you ring them they check fitment and ring you back....£38 including p&p. GSF also do them for about the same price.

Fitting it's going to be trickyer than buying.Going to try on Sunday.

Alan.

I've just bought one off a well known auction site.It was a shop PW Europarts or some such.If you ring them they check fitment and ring you back....£38 including p&p. GSF also do them for about the same price.

Fitting it's going to be trickyer than buying.Going to try on Sunday.

Alan.

I had seen that one but wasn't sure if it was the same as what you'd get from the dealers.

Right, I've taken the wipers off and the motor still turns slowly. To remove it it looks like the bracket has to come off first so few questions...

Scuttle panel - Mine is bonded to the windscreen with silicone I think, as this is bound to snap while removing it I'm gonna have a new one ready. Either original or SWG, not decided yet. What I want to know is do they both attach via clips as I don't want to bond to the windscreen again if I can help it.

The other shaped, thin bit of plastic covering the heater matrix on the passenger side. Is this still available from VW?

scuttle clips are still available,scuttle isnt !

"heater matrix cover" is IIRC about £17

Cheers! Do you know if the SWG one attaches via the same clips?

scuttle clips are still available,scuttle isnt !

"heater matrix cover" is IIRC about £17

Cheers! Do you know if the SWG one attaches via the same clips?

Sorry i dont know that ! but iam sure someone more knowledgable will be along shortly

edit. ive just rang SWG , but the lazy good for nothings dont work on a Saturday afternoon,

I've replaced the motor with a new one and although it seems ok when there is water on the screen, it is very slow still when there isn't.... but not slow like is juddering, just slow like its tired? Will see how it goes when used in rain (as that what its for!).

Secondly, I managed to get the passenger side and middle section of the scuttle trim off and then the drivers side virtually shattered into a hundred pieces. I've got an SWG one in the pipeline but for now is there anything I need to seal up? Some of the white clips broke... are these holes the only entry point for water?

Cheers

Replaced my Corrado motor with one from my old golf. All seems to fit ok yguny2yz.jpg

But can anyone confirm if this is positioned right ?