Sign in to follow this  
coullstar

What has happened to this tyre?

What do you reckon has caused this ridge to form? Running flat or excess wear / rubbing. Outer edge has similar wear but not to the same extent.

i take it they are wheels you have purchased as that is caused by rubbing on body work

tyres run on low pressure or flat destroy side walls and wear the outer edges of the tyre

imprezas suffer from the same thing - stinks of bad geometry setup to me - have seen several imprezas with exactly the same symptom.

get your geometry checked out, and also the tyre as well obviously.

on that - mke sure you le the geometry place know how $hit VW's design for the two camber bolts is - they can allow play over time when done up to factory torque settings - just do 'em up as tight as you can without snapping them!!! (it's worth gettig new ones from vw if you're getting the geometry done too - they're not that expensive iirc

The tyre is on a set of wheels Ive just bought so Im trying to find out what could have caused this before deciding what to try and get back from the guy that sold them. He said he used to work for Pirelli UK so I would have thought he would have noticed this. They were on a Mk4 Golf. The inner side wall (flat part) is ok with no wear at all. The tyre on the opposite side appears to have been ok.

The outer part of the tyre is similar as can be seen in the attached photo.

Looking at them I would say they have been rubbing badly on the arches

X2, badly that aint good

its tight of the guy not to have said anything about the state of the tyres before u u bought them as there deffo no good and you need new tyres, is the guy still replying to your calls? if so id just give him a call and see what he has to say and ask why he didnt tell you about the state of the tyres, but tbh i realy carnt see him doing anything like giving you any money back w :censored: ker

but as the guys above have said if it had been the inside wall its a case of bad set up tracking and camber had my front left do this :( on my old wheels was weird tho couldnt see anywhere it had been rubbing so guess it it was just that bad had just worn over time while driving

He did say that he would give me a full refund if I wasnt happy but Ive got all the hassle of sending them back. Ive managed to get some part worns to replace them with but tried the wheel on the car and I dont really like the look TBH so I'll probably sell them on :lol:

He did say that he would give me a full refund if I wasnt happy but Ive got all the hassle of sending them back. Ive managed to get some part worns to replace them with but tried the wheel on the car and I dont really like the look TBH so I'll probably sell them on :lol:

:lol: what are/where they? S3's?

He said he used to work for Pirelli UK so I would have thought he would have noticed this.

He was probably a cleaner.

hi

looks runflat to me, or run very soft anyway! when you remove the tyre from the rim have a look inside....bet theyres bits of rubber!