Sign in to follow this  
Pat_McCrotch

Just when you think it's all over...

I was driving to work this morning in the Corrado thinking, "Considering all the other problems everyone has on the forums mine hasn't done anything drastic since the water hose blew on the day I picked it up 10,000 miles ago"

What a mistaka to maka.

I booked the car in at work this morning to have the tyres rebalanced as I was getting steering wheel shake over 40mph. The car got into the workshop at 4pm (I was out of Office at the time). Apparently the Technician drove the car onto the ramp, got out, closed the door and BANG! Drivers window falls into the door! :help:

Turns out whoever did the repair when the car was broken into either didn't use the correct window sealant or didn't use enough as the window had seperated from the lower metal frame which attaches to the regulator :censored: Luckily the window wasn't broken but just to remind you all. NEVER have the thought, "Nothing has gone wrong on my Corrado in ages" otherwise you may be asking for trouble :grin:

I cant help but have that thought. :lol:

Everything now works on it, touch wood. And it was only the ABS that didnt work before that. :D

Unlucky though. :(

mine was only on the road for 3 days since i first got it and its MOT is on monday so it owes me at least 6 months!!

the window glass is is bolted to the regulator ?? are you talking about the metal strip bonded to the glass came off ?

or did they just forget to tighted the 2 bolts

LOL, I bet Nick was well pleased!

Have you really done 10k miles since that day?

Seems like no time at all - Summers day - looking in my rear view mirror thinking how good it was that Neil has finally found a decent Corrado after all these years.... and just at that point I spotted the steam pouring out between the bonnet and wings :lol:

Yup, 10k since June :shock: At least she's getting used and not left to deteriorate like most C's though.

When are you coming around to clear my Garage out? ;) Loads of Corrado odds and sods about!

First rule of Corrado ownership. Never, that's NEVER think things are going smoothly.

Hope it holds up OK in future :lol:

Seems like no time at all - Summers day - looking in my rear view mirror thinking how good it was that Neil has finally found a decent Corrado after all these years.... and just at that point I spotted the steam pouring out between the bonnet and wings :lol:

Lol! Very nicely written Steve, maybe you ought to think about a change of career :lol:

Nice, why is it always the previous 'repairs' that seem to cause the most hassle?

Lucky it didn't break really, although you can at least still buy the glass at the moment.