Sign in to follow this  
bigrichi

Golf VR6 & Corrado VR6??

I have a friend selling a MAF and coilpack from a 1997 Golf VR6.

Are these parts interchangable with the ones on a Corrado?? Would these be worthwhile getting off him as spares in case mines die??

Thanks

Coilpack almost certainly will be ok, MAFS vary though. 4 pin/6 pin varieties and possibly internals may be different

Coilpack almost certainly will be ok, MAFS vary though. 4 pin/6 pin varieties and possibly internals may be different

thanks...anybody confirm with the MAF??

I have a 1994 VR6

Cheers

again same as what andy said all you need to do is see if the maf will fit your car its an easy test get your mates maf, take the lead of your maf and if your mates maf fits your connector and looks the same then your on to a winner, and price wise its probly a good buy

tbh with out even taken the maf of if they look the same to sight then they will be the same but just double check b4 u buy

hope this helps

again same as what andy said all you need to do is see if the maf will fit your car its an easy test get your mates maf, take the lead of your maf and if your mates maf fits your connector and looks the same then your on to a winner, and price wise its probly a good buy

tbh with out even taken the maf of if they look the same to sight then they will be the same but just double check b4 u buy

hope this helps

He's a friend but a fair distance away so not so simple to compare.

Just wanted to check before a spend an hour driving down.

Gonna get out and check mines at the weekend...not had a chance with work

Cheers

o right well ask him if his has a metal box on the side or has a round plastic tube on the side, i know that doesnt make much sence, wait up think ive got pics

obd1, think yours should look like this

stealthsturbomaf.jpg

obd2

mk3vrmaf.jpg

i think thats the difference but i aint no expert, but if you do go for the coilpack then just try it to be sure